Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mold 1.2 High-Speed Linker Brings 32-bit Arm Support, Bug Fixes

Phoronix: Mold 1.2 High-Speed Linker Brings 32-bit Arm Support, Bug Fixes

A new version of Mold has been released, the high-speed open-source linker successfully challenging the likes of GNU Gold and LLVM LLD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Let's get our mold on !

Comment

Rename it to Bold %)

Comment

I can't wait for them to get full Mac and Windows support. Even though I won't use it there, I currently feel like people are not too motivated to switch as long as it only supports half of the users. The linking time improvements are just too lovely (although that might diminish due to the increasing lto usage).
        Last edited by ZuseZ4; 15 April 2022, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Lots of progress, but still a long ways to go.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post
            Lots of progress, but still a long ways to go.
            Yes, too little mold has cultured yet.

Comment

I use it for rust code, and sometimes it makes a huge difference, especially in incremental builds.

Comment

Originally posted by ZuseZ4 View Post
                I can't wait for them to get full Mac and Windows support. Even though I won't use it there, I currently feel like people are not too motivated to switch as long as it only supports half of the users. The linking time improvements are just too lovely (although that might diminish due to the increasing lto usage).
                It's not like there is not already a better linker by the same person that alreadys supports all that.

Comment

Still laughing a bit at the DISGUSTING logo.

Comment

wondering if it is time to use it by default on supported architectures? https://t2sde.org/packages/mold

Comment

Working...
                    X