Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Wine is so outdated on Debian and Ubuntu. Still version 6.0. 😥️

Edit: jammy-proposed is now pushing version 6.7 for the wine-development package. The ordinary "wine" package is still 6.0 though.
    Just use the winehq repo I've been using that for years now (when wine-staging came into focus)

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

If I had to make an educated guess:

Most likely not, but please prove me wrong...
      I just tested it. While it's not crashing without native override anymore, the tweaks UI itself isn't working either. So I guess it's the step in the right direction but not enough yet.
      Last edited by shmerl; 26 March 2022, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

I've never used distro supplied Wine. I've always compiled it from sources - makes it faster too, considering Fedora's obsession with hardening.
        Isn't this going to pollute your OS with both 64 bit and 32 bit system libraries (and headers) ?
        I sometimes thought of building wine myself, but I just don't want to have a huge mess of duplicated software installed.... (and I finally stayed with debian stable (aged) wine build)

Comment

Originally posted by topolinik View Post

Isn't this going to pollute your OS with both 64 bit and 32 bit system libraries (and headers) ?
          I sometimes thought of building wine myself, but I just don't want to have a huge mess of duplicated software installed.... (and I finally stayed with debian stable (aged) wine build)
          Pollute? Dunno, man, everything here works just fine and I spent 2 minutes readying everything. I don't notice these 32bit libraries either.
          Last edited by birdie; 28 March 2022, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X