Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IO_uring Gets Network Overhead Reduction By 3~4%

Phoronix: IO_uring Gets Network Overhead Reduction By 3~4%

After revolutioning Linux storage I/O, the kernel's IO_uring interface is continuing to be buffed into shape for handling Linux networking needs too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does any database use IO_uring?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Postgres guys are working on it I believe, but nothing hit the mainline yet afaik.

Comment

Not db related but I've switched to it (from epoll + inotify to liburing + inotify) out of curiosity mostly, it's a heck of a lot harder to figure out how to use it, the documentation is mostly reading header comments and author's blog posts.

Comment

I'd very much like to see the Go netpoller being migrated to IO_uring. At least partially.

Comment

Scylla (a closed source heavily Cassandra-inspired db) uses it:
            ScyllaDB's Glauber Costa explains how two new APIs, io_uring and eBPF, are changing the fundamental nature of Linux programming.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

Not db related but I've switched to it (from epoll + inotify to liburing + inotify) out of curiosity mostly, it's a heck of a lot harder to figure out how to use it, the documentation is mostly reading header comments and author's blog posts.
              Did you benchmark the new vs old code?

Comment

Working...
              X