The Worst Razer Mouse I've Tested In The Past 17 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tehehe View Post

One of the reasons as to why they are lighter is that light mouses are now popular amongst gamers.
    Anything is popular when that's the majority of devices being released. "Popular" becomes what the manufacturers make it. It doesn't mean people actually like it.

I'm always wary of such claims because statistical data won't tell you the whole story even if there is such sales data.

Regardless, I won't touch Razer products any more. Their build quality fell off a cliff years ago. Mice shouldn't be breaking or wearing out every couple of years. This was not the case back in the early 90s when you could get mice that would last 4-5 years till you wore a flat space on the roller ball or even in the 2000s with certain makes of MIcrosoft mice that would last just as long.

Forgot to add: Amazon allowing what's essentially bait and switch needs to end.
    Last edited by stormcrow; 05 March 2022, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I feel the issue of Amazon happily allowing manufacturers to ride on good past reviews for a product change is the real issue. This is a common strategy.

Comment

I use the side buttons a lot in my gaming. So having the Naga Epic was a joy to use. But the double clicking thing was just too annoying and I would up with the Optical Switch Version. I just can't give up the side buttons. Am trying the EVGA MMO mouse with optical switches as a potential replacement.

Comment

i have a ducky feather and couldn't be happier. no software, all configuration is done with buttons on the mouse, including lod disance, hz rate, angle snapping, etc. i hate how most mice are tied to software these days.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
            If a faster response is a goal, why not go to the Pointer Settings of your favorite DE and increase the value there? Can go as fast as you want, no extra software needed. Those DPI values for me is the same as megapixels in cameras. Is a marketing gimmick by the manufacturers. Especially if you are not a world-class pro gamer.

And please spare me of your comments over-justifying the money you spent on your current over-priced mouse.
            Faster response time or faster pointer acceleration? Or maybe higher pointer speed? Or lower latency? Maybe you don't know what you are talking about and you should spare us your comment.

Comment

I agree with this. My two Razer mice broke after 2 years of use (one of them stopped tracking at times and began to stutter, while the other's scroll wheel began to behave erratically).

Should've been called DeathAdder Demo...
              Last edited by tildearrow; 05 March 2022, 03:00 PM.

Comment

The worst mouse I ever used was a Razer DeathAdder 3G. I'd rather game on a toy sized $1 mouse from a capsule machine. The software for it only made things worse. I've moved to Logitech and I don't regret it.

Comment

Razer has always been low quality imo.
                  I've broke 3 of their mice (scroll wheels break off), and one of their keyboards (melted because a lamp was too close).
                  They use cheap molded plastic and don't make things thick enough.
                  Old logitech mice used to be built like tanks, razer is built to save the company $. They add bling and looks to make it seem great, but they aren't tough.
                  I broke the wheel roller off one of their optical mice a few years back, returned it for a replacement, and the new one broke in the same way (both within days).
                  I use the wheel roller as a button, they can't seem to handle being pressed.

The copperhead mouse was their best, but I did break the wheel off that too.
                  I fixed it by inserting a heated sewing needle through the plastic to add reinforcement and cutting off the excess.
                  Also i've worn out their buttons, I fixed that by resoldering replacements off other mice.
                  Last edited by Soul_keeper; 05 March 2022, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                    If a faster response is a goal, why not go to the Pointer Settings of your favorite DE and increase the value there? Can go as fast as you want, no extra software needed. Those DPI values for me is the same as megapixels in cameras. Is a marketing gimmick by the manufacturers. Especially if you are not a world-class pro gamer.

And please spare me of your comments over-justifying the money you spent on your current over-priced mouse.
                    The problem is that libinput does NOT have a way to change the pointer speed. Only the acceleration (and even worse, front-ends disguise it as being "speed").

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
                      a elite mouse broke after 3 years.... not to mention you use it mostly for non gaming....
                      i have a a4tech mouse for 5-6 years....it started to go bad half a year ago but its still usable. my right click has issues (its not working 5-10% of the time). but i still use it for games. and is not ELITE
                      My experience with A4tech is quite good comparitively. Granted I only use the sharkoon fireglider (made by them) but it has been my home mouse and then office mouse for over a decade. Had to replace the cable at some point but that's about it.
                      On the other hand I have had mice by roccat / coolermaster / steelseries where the middle mouse button breaks within a year.

Comment

Working...
                      X