No announcement yet.

The Worst Razer Mouse I've Tested In The Past 17 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditched Razer some time ago. I had the original Diamondback back in the day. That was quite good at the time and it lasted for a long time too. Bought the Copperhead as soon as it came out. It was similar to the Diamondback, except more expensive despite being trash. It's laser-sensor had trouble reading many surfaces and caused a lot of jitter. It's "grippy" paint or surface started coming off after just a couple of years. Then I had a Razer keyboard which also turned out to be trash and it broke completely just days after the warranty expired. My final Razer product was a Deathadder and it was quite nice and held up for some time but eventually the left mouse button started unintentionally double clicking.

No more Razer for me, especially after ditching Windows. Tired of the inconsistent quality and their obnoxious "gamer"-marketing. Replaced the Deathadder with a Ducky mouse which goes nicely along with my Ducky-keyboard, and it's perfect for GNU/Linux because it's configured solely by using hardware buttons rather than depending on software.

Comment

I also use DeathAdder but miss changing the side key setting. The software only adjusts the backlight under Linux.

Comment

Interesting how you talk about excellent build quality for a mice that has a broken scroll wheel after a couple of years.

I remember before Logitech became utter garbage, I had a blue MX510 for over 15 years that I tried to switch out for something newer with flashier dpi numbers, but always ended up going back to the 510. It just refused to break.

Comment

The past decade I've primarily used Mionix mice.
          Incredible quality and decent price. What it lacks is features, but I've given up on unique features of mice which you try once, find it to be cool and the completely forget about them.
          Currently use a Mionix Naos Pro, since I find that form to fit my hand the best.

Comment

Guy buys mice from the same manufacturer for 17 years, gets one bad mouse, makes an article about it, and goes on buying from the same manufacturer.

Well, this may be the worst Razer mouse ever, but this test report or whatever this is may also be the worst Phoronix article in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by skurk View Post
              Interesting how you talk about excellent build quality for a mice that has a broken scroll wheel after a couple of years.

I remember before Logitech became utter garbage, I had a blue MX510 for over 15 years that I tried to switch out for something newer with flashier dpi numbers, but always ended up going back to the 510. It just refused to break.
              Just break it with a hammer.

Comment

Personally, I've settled on the Logitech G Pro. Tracks well on anything, comfortable for right hand use with forward and back buttons, and the middle click is in the sweet spot where you don't do it by accident, but it's not uncomfortable to do either. I use all the buttons on it regularly.

Comment

Am I the only one who likes the Logitech trackball mouse both the blue ball and the red ball one. They are the best!

Comment

If a faster response is a goal, why not go to the Pointer Settings of your favorite DE and increase the value there? Can go as fast as you want, no extra software needed. Those DPI values for me is the same as megapixels in cameras. Is a marketing gimmick by the manufacturers. Especially if you are not a world-class pro gamer.

And please spare me of your comments over-justifying the money you spent on your current over-priced mouse.

Comment

a elite mouse broke after 3 years.... not to mention you use it mostly for non gaming....
                      i have a a4tech mouse for 5-6 years....it started to go bad half a year ago but its still usable. my right click has issues (its not working 5-10% of the time). but i still use it for games. and is not ELITE

Comment

Working...
                      X