• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

Sorry bad news its not free.
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/photo...e/td-p/8891078
    Adobe moderators in forums have answered this many times.
    It is "sorta" free, you cana copy with eveything you need from archive.org. which in the USA at least, is a legal method of software acquisition. if they were "audited" it would be the same as having a borrowed book.

Leave a comment:

• oiaohm
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Adobe Photoshop CS2 which has long been sorta free to use works beautifully under Wine.
    Sorry bad news its not free.
    I've seen several websites advertising Photoshop CS2 for free, is this true?...   [Piracy sites removed by moderator]   There are far more sites like this if you search.

Adobe moderators in forums have answered this many times.

Originally posted by numacross View Post
    Wasn't that just a DRM-free release in 2013 caused by Adobe being unwilling to keep the activation servers running? It's still paid, proprietary licensed software as far as I'm aware, so you might as well just torrent the latest release and use that...
    No 2013 and newer Adobe Photoshop CS2 not DRM-free. The new release in 2013 is DRM activation server free because adobe did not want to keep on running the DRM validation servers. You still do have product activation based on valid product key so Adobe Photoshop CS2 so still contains a DRM and you need to-do this to take the 2013 and newer release out of trial mode.

If you purchased Creative Suite 5, 5.5, or 6 from Adobe or registered your app, you may be able to download the installer for your app from your account.

You cannot buy a new license from Adobe that covers CS2 anything. Yes if you did not buy Photoshop licenses out right this was the "perpetual license" instead were using subscription the terms of what you are allowed to install has changed over time. Anything older than Adobe Photoshop CS4 you cannot legally install as a subscription holder and adobe is free to change that going forwards. Yes anything newer than CS2 you cannot buy a "perpetual license" from adobe for either.

Yes the new trial versions of Adobe Photoshop CS2 and other CS2 products without needing activations servers is up hold adobe legal requirement to those holding CS2 product "perpetual license" not Adobe handing that software out for free. Yes CS3 and newer does not have perpetual license.

Leave a comment:

• numacross
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post

Adobe Photoshop CS2 which has long been sorta free to use works beautifully under Wine.
    Wasn't that just a DRM-free release in 2013 caused by Adobe being unwilling to keep the activation servers running? It's still paid, proprietary licensed software as far as I'm aware, so you might as well just torrent the latest release and use that...

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by ridge View Post
    While not apparent in this update, I still have to wonder if this is the year where we can finally run Paint.NET with Wine... Ah, a person can dream
    (P.S. Don't suggest me native alternatives, I've tried them and found no replacement.)

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    Originally posted by microcode View Post
    Honestly, stdint would've saved the day, if not for "_t" which is just ugly. I still use uint32_t etc, but the _t is so ugly.
    Yeah it's ugly, since having used Rust I use types.hxx everywhere:
    using u8 = uint8_t;
    using i8 = int8_t;
    using u16 = uint16_t;
    using i16 = int16_t;
    using u32 = uint32_t;
    using i32 = int32_t;
    using u64 = uint64_t;
    using i64 = int64_t;
    using usize = size_t;
    using isize = ssize_t;
    using f32 = float;
    using f64 = double;
    using uchar = unsigned char;

Leave a comment:

• oiaohm
    replied
    Originally posted by ridge View Post
    While not apparent in this update, I still have to wonder if this is the year where we can finally run Paint.NET with Wine... Ah, a person can dream
    (P.S. Don't suggest me native alternatives, I've tried them and found no replacement.)
    Simple GTK# Paint Program. Contribute to PintaProject/Pinta development by creating an account on GitHub.

This is not exactly native alternative. Pinta forked off Paint.Net 3.36 modified to be cross platform. Yes Pinta still under active development. So there are two ways to solve your problem here.
    1) Wait and hope Wine at some point will make work Paint.Net. Yes this is going to be tread mil with updating .net runtimes and other things with newer versions causing a path of repeating failures.
    2) Put in feature requests with Pinta for the features you have in Paint.net that Pinta does not have and hope they get granted. Good part here is if this route works you have something that is built and tested cross platform.

Basically I see waiting for wine to be able to run Paint.NET is putting all you eggs in one basket with a very suspect handle. Yes Pinta could be a under sized basket to hold the eggs at this time but its a solid and dependable handle.

Yes Pinta does in fact use icons from Paint.net 3.0. This is more of a fork of Paint.net instead of just being alternative.

https://flathub.org/apps/details/com...aProject.Pinta Yes you can install Pinta by flatpak.

Please note I not saying that Pinta is a suitable alternative for your workflow at the moment. More than you should be backing both sides here praying for wine to improve and providing the information to Pinta so it can hopefully improve with the objective that one of them at some point will solve your problem.

Leave a comment:

• ridge
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by microcode View Post

The funny thing is, they also have the x86 terminology WORD, DWORD, and QWORD all over the place.

Honestly, stdint would've saved the day, if not for "_t" which is just ugly. I still use uint32_t etc, but the _t is so ugly.
    This.

Furthermore several IDEs don't highlight the _t aliases correctly, and instead treat them as typedefs (which gets on the way).

Leave a comment:

• microcode
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Ah yes, long being 32-bit on Windows but 64-bit elsewhere...
    ...so you have to beg the compiler to make it long: long long
    The funny thing is, they also have the x86 terminology WORD, DWORD, and QWORD all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    wine is progressing at a slow and steady pace, always glad to see more improvements

Leave a comment:

Working...
X