X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dec05eba
    replied
    Originally posted by lostdistance View Post
    I had presumed that DirectFB users had migrated to DRM, rather than to a windowing system like X11 or Wayland.

What does DirectFB provide that DRM does not? Support for more hardware devices perhaps? Or simplicity?
    I use DirectFB at work and we migrated to X11 for most of our users. We only run 1 application on an embedded device. We support a lot of different gpu vendors and some of them (nvidia in particular) has x11 specific graphics/video api. We do also direct passthrough of video rendering on some setups even on DirectFB through DRM.

Leave a comment:

• lostdistance
    replied
    I had presumed that DirectFB users had migrated to DRM, rather than to a windowing system like X11 or Wayland.

What does DirectFB provide that DRM does not? Support for more hardware devices perhaps? Or simplicity?

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    First link is broken.

Leave a comment:

• DirectFB2 Is Modernizing DirectFB With Meson, Modularizing The Sources

Phoronix: DirectFB2 Is Modernizing DirectFB With Meson, Modularizing The Sources

DirectFB2 is in development with work on it having started last year after the original DirectFB project ceased development a half-decade ago. While more embedded/mobile platforms have moved on from DirectFB and now targeting Wayland, DirectFB2 hopes to restore its viability for embedded systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X