Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.17-rc3 Restores FBDEV Hardware-Accelerated Scrolling, Mixed Bag of Random Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.17-rc3 Restores FBDEV Hardware-Accelerated Scrolling, Mixed Bag of Random Stuff

Phoronix: Linux 5.17-rc3 Restores FBDEV Hardware-Accelerated Scrolling, Mixed Bag of Random Stuff

Linus Torvalds just released Linux 5.17-rc3 as the latest test kernel for Linux 5.17 that should be out as stable before the end of March...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

- Finally.

Comment

now we just need a phoronix benchmark covering this

Comment

"Can't install tmux so I'll bother everyone else with this crap"

Comment

Did anyone manage to make amd p-states work as the CPU scheduler driver for Zen 2+?
          I've yet to launch 5.17, as I'm currently on a 40 days uptime that I'm not going to randomly stop.
          But when I do, I'd like to know if there's something to change to make use of the p-state driver instead of cpufreq. E.g. a kernel parameter to pass.
          Last edited by Mez'; 07 February 2022, 12:14 PM.

Comment

It's annoying when it's impossible to error messages at boot because they get scrolled into oblivion too quickly.
            Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post
            "Can't install tmux so I'll bother everyone else with this crap"
            I have yet to include tmux into my initramfs and redirect console messages there, but interesting idea.

Comment

This is not the re-enablement of scrolling in the native text-mode linux console (via shift-page up keys), is it?

Comment

Working...
              X