No announcement yet.

Linux 5.17 Making It Easier To Build A Kernel With All The Shiny Debug Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.17 Making It Easier To Build A Kernel With All The Shiny Debug Features

Phoronix: Linux 5.17 Making It Easier To Build A Kernel With All The Shiny Debug Features

Over the years the Linux kernel has picked up many different sanitizers, memory leak detectors, and other features for helping to diagnose and address deficiencies in the kernel. However, all of these debugging-optimized features aren't centrally located that can make it difficult for system administrators and developers to spot these numerous features when configuring a kernel build manually. Now with Linux 5.17 that is changing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

the largest enterprise Linux distro company
    Which company is this?

Comment

Originally posted by naoliv View Post

Which company is this?
      Looks to be Red Hat. This person appears to be working on quality engineering for Red Hat.

Comment

Originally posted by naoliv View Post

Which company is this?
        I'm guessing Qualcomm based on the email address of the commit.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

Looks to be Red Hat. This person appears to be working on quality engineering for Red Hat.
          A Red Hat dev with a corporate Qualcomm email address? That doesn't seem likely to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

A Red Hat dev with a corporate Qualcomm email address? That doesn't seem likely to me.
            He definitely worked for Red Hat before. So his reference to enterprise Linux distro company is Red Hat, not Qualcomm.

Comment

quicinc.com is redirected to Qualcomm.com. Interestingly i find lots of reference to tracker quicinc.com. is this a coincidence?

Comment

Working...
              X