Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WINE 1.1.20 Brings More Direct3D Cleaning

Phoronix: WINE 1.1.20 Brings More Direct3D Cleaning

The WINE 1.1.20 release coming as the latest bi-weekly development update to this open-source project brings a couple of highlights. WINE 1.1.20 has more Direct3D code clean-ups, which is a good sign considering they hope to really get underway with Direct3D 10.0 support this summer, and there is now support for showing a WINE dialog when a Windows application crashes, improved OLE copy/paste support, ListView improvements, and the variety of bug-fixes. The WINE 1.1.20 release announcement along with download links and the complete change-log is available from WINE HQ...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A very cool thing is that the DirectX dlls are now included and properly configured, so you don't have to make that work yourself for newer games!

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      A very cool thing is that the DirectX dlls are now included and properly configured, so you don't have to make that work yourself for newer games!
      Heh, the problem is that 90% of the d3dx9 functions are still not implemented, so games will crash anyways
      We're having two Summer of Code projects this year though, in which we will implement the texture and shader functions, i.e. some of the most used functions (I think they're actually the only ones apart from the effect functions which are mentioned in our Bugzilla).

EDIT: btw, I had added these dlls in February 2008 already, it's just that we closed the concerned bug now
      Last edited by NeoBrain; 25 April 2009, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoBrain View Post
        Heh, the problem is that 90% of the d3dx9 functions are still not implemented, so games will crash anyways
        We're having two Summer of Code projects this year though, in which we will implement the texture and shader functions, i.e. some of the most used functions (I think they're actually the only ones apart from the effect functions which are mentioned in our Bugzilla).

EDIT: btw, I had added these dlls in February 2008 already, it's just that we closed the concerned bug now
        So the new bug is called "d3dx9_*.dll are mostly unimplemented"

Comment

Here's something that deserves more attention with this release:

Bugs fixed in 1.1.20:

10253 Fraps does not record videos or take a screenshot

Comment

Working...
          X