Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux's CleanCache Set To Be Cleaned From The Kernel After Being Hyped Up A Decade Ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux's CleanCache Set To Be Cleaned From The Kernel After Being Hyped Up A Decade Ago

Phoronix: Linux's CleanCache Set To Be Cleaned From The Kernel After Being Hyped Up A Decade Ago

Merged into the mainline Linux kernel a decade ago was the CleanCache patch series but now it's set to be retired...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just waiting for a nerdy hobgoblin coming out of the woods to disagree.

Comment

you could have chosen a better frontpage image, couldn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by rockiron View Post
        you could have chosen a better frontpage image, couldn't you?
        I hope it is not his toilet

Comment

Maybe the OEL kernel has some non-mainline features that use it?

Comment

I thought CONFIG_ZSWAP used it? I've been enabling ZSWAP on all my kernels for years!

Comment

>Oracle
              say no more
              the kings of hyping useless technology.

Comment

Another amazing contribution to the open source world by Oracle.

Comment

I wish this thread would CleanCache... The like counter is miscached and so when I click on 1 it jumps to 5...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    I wish this thread would CleanCache... The like counter is miscached and so when I click on 1 it jumps to 5...
                    With my experience of having to maintain friends/family "websites" that run on PHP and the kind of "caching solutions" that exist out there, I am not surprised tbh

Comment

Working...
                    X