• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by microcode View Post
    一番の渡辺さん
    ままよ...

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
      Can I use that Flatpak isolation with apps from my distribution's repo or does it need to be all from Flatpak?
      How is Flatpak superior?
      Apart from good security by default (which can be done the same way for normal applications using Firejail, albeit with an under 1 second startup time penalty), it isn't too different from installing stuff from the default package manager IMO. The only reason I use it is because it gives bleeding edge cross-distro experience by default and apps ship and run as their developers intended them to (not having the tweaks that distro maintainers make).

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        Last time I tried Flatpak, almost a year ago, it sandboxed stuff so well that I couldn't get my printer or controllers working. That may or may not be better. I don't feel like finding out.
        you don't use apps which don't need printer or controllers?

Comment

Originally posted by er888kh View Post
          The only reason I use it is because it gives bleeding edge cross-distro experience by default and apps ship and run as their developers intended them to (not having the tweaks that distro maintainers make).
          I use AppImage for that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by er888kh View Post
            (not having the tweaks that distro maintainers make).
            And that's exactly why I avoid flatpak whenever I can. I have a distro, I don't need also the crappy upstream runtime.

Comment

Soon, SystemD will become a fully fleshed out, independent Linux userspace. Can't wait for "SystemD Office" or a SystemD webbrowser that only renders websites which solely use CC-licensed assets correctly…
              Jokes aside, I really like that it unified all sorts of system related configuration stuff and created a universal standard across distros - maintenance has become so much easier and stuff like Yubikey support for disk encryption and portable home directories are some pretty nice goodies aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiba View Post

And that's exactly why I avoid flatpak whenever I can. I have a distro, I don't need also the crappy upstream runtime.
                Kind of reminds me when linux community went crazy when a guy from small tech channel on youtube nuked his system by installing a game client from a company-managed disro.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post

Kind of reminds me when linux community went crazy when a guy from small tech channel on youtube nuked his system by installing a game client from a company-managed disro.
                  It happens when people are incapable of reading.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
                    Can I use that Flatpak isolation with apps from my distribution's repo or does it need to be all from Flatpak?
                    How is Flatpak superior?
                    Flatpak is not Flathub. A distro can simply have a Flatpak repo, just as it has rpm/dep/... repos. That's e.g. how Fedora Silverblue works. Flathub is just a cross-distribution repo and the Flatpak technology is independent from it.

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post

Flatpak is not Flathub. A distro can simply have a Flatpak repo, just as it has rpm/dep/... repos. That's e.g. how Fedora Silverblue works. Flathub is just a cross-distribution repo and the Flatpak technology is independent from it.
                      Thank you for the explanation!
                      Is the repo technology itself interesting compared to other repos?

Comment

Working...
                      X