systemd 250 Released With A Huge Number Of New Features, Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I left the systemd ecosystem recently when I installed Void, and while I did fall in love with Void as well as the leanness of runit, I do find systemd a lot easier to use still.
    Welcome, brother.

I recommend joining the libera.chat for voidlinux to go over the topics that are easier on systemd still.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I left the systemd ecosystem recently when I installed Void, and while I did fall in love with Void as well as the leanness of runit, I do find systemd a lot easier to use still.
      Thanks for this post, I discovered a new Linux distribution thanks to you

Comment

Originally posted by RedEyed View Post

You write in the systemd thread that you don't use it, didn't get it.
        Go check BSD threads and re-visit the thought. Full of clueless "I dont use it but let me tell you how shit it is".

Comment

Originally posted by Phil995511 View Post
          Systemd's new cross-platform package installer scares me. This is the open door to the easy installation of viruses and malware in Linux ;-(
          What "cross-platform package installer"

Comment

Thanks for this post, I discovered a new Linux distribution thanks to you
            Cool, cool, cool! Merry Christmas.

Comment

Personally, I hate SystemD. I would be happy if Linux distributions gave us the choice of installing or using Init or SystemD. We have this choice for the desktop manager we use, we have the choice between X11 or Wayland, why not between Init and SystemD too !!
              That's obviously not going to happen, the major distro's switched to systemd a decade ago because it's the superior solution. You have the choice to use a non-systemd distro, or build your own (why don't you?).

Systemd's new cross-platform package installer scares me. This is the open door to the easy installation of viruses and malware in Linux ;-(
              Could you explain why it's an open door to easy installation of viruses? Sounds like you haven't even looked at the code or documentation regarding the mentioned feature.

Merry xmas everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                Don't understand why systemd needs bcd support
                systemd doesn't need it. its bootloader does

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
                  • you had to be root to start a container
                  • it didn't play well with SELinux at all and there was essentially no documentation on the topic
                  • networking setup (bridged, NAT, internal only etc) was not obvious to set up and was error prone
                  • there was no repository of ready-to-run distros to build upon
                  maybe bwrap or podman will suit you better

Comment

Originally posted by arQon View Post
                    a "problem" that nobody felt was a problem in the first place.
                    nobody among you and your imaginary friend?
                    Originally posted by arQon View Post
                    Using excessive mounts seems to be sd's go-to strategy for an awful lot of things
                    what are you smoking?
                    Last edited by pal666; 24 December 2021, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by make_adobe_on_Linux! View Post
                      Very happy to be totally outside of the systemd ecosystem
                      keep us posted

Comment

Working...
                      X