Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

Im not gonna lie, I completely forgot systemd could work as a bootloader
    It's not that systemd (the init service) works as a boot loader - it's that systemd (the project) includes a number of peripheral elements, one of which is a boot loader.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

Im not gonna lie, I completely forgot systemd could work as a bootloader
      It's always nice to meet honorable man!

Comment

Very happy to be totally outside of the systemd ecosystem on all of my systems. Less complexity and I have a better tool for each job so far.

Comment

Originally posted by make_adobe_on_Linux! View Post
          Very happy to be totally outside of the systemd ecosystem on all of my systems. Less complexity and I have a better tool for each job so far.
          You write in the systemd thread that you don't use it, didn't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by RedEyed View Post

You write in the systemd thread that you don't use it, didn't get it.
            When the title is "systemd 250 released with a huge number of new features..." indeed I do

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk View Post

Yep, but putting in a password at boot is annoying and if someone steals your laptop and tries to mount the disk they will need to be extremely technical to get the data off it. I think the process of FDE on linux needs to be simplified so even Linus tech tips could do it
              Well the bigger issue is that if you are storing it at a known location on disk (and it is known since its in a guide) its much easier for a malicious program to read the file (vs it only residing in memory somewhere which is already protected by the kernel)

Comment

Troll detected. Devuan forums are probably more suitable for you.

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post

Troll detected. Devuan forums are probably more suitable for you.
                  Why only Devuan ? All product forums he doesn't use i.e. Windows, Apple.

Comment

Personally, I hate SystemD. I would be happy if Linux distributions gave us the choice of installing or using Init or SystemD. We have this choice for the desktop manager we use, we have the choice between X11 or Wayland, why not between Init and SystemD too !!

Systemd's new cross-platform package installer scares me. This is the open door to the easy installation of viruses and malware in Linux ;-(
                    Last edited by Phil995511; 24 December 2021, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I left the systemd ecosystem recently when I installed Void, and while I did fall in love with Void as well as the leanness of runit, I do find systemd a lot easier to use still.

Comment

Working...
                      X