Linux 5.16-rc3 Released With Alder Lake ITMT Fix, Other Driver Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.16-rc3 Released With Alder Lake ITMT Fix, Other Driver Fixes

Phoronix: Linux 5.16-rc3 Released With Alder Lake ITMT Fix, Other Driver Fixes

Linus Torvalds just released Linux 5.16-rc3 with plenty of fixes included. With it being US Thanksgiving week, he's also having fun with this kernel by having adjusted the codename to "Gobble Gobble" in reference to turkeys...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Silly codename, but I personally liked the pre-4.19 era ones such as Psychotic Stoned Sheep.
    Last edited by tildearrow; 28 November 2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know which branch / repo of Wine has commits with futex support? I don't think it's in upstream or staging yet?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Silly codename, but I personally liked the pre-4.19 era ones such as Psychotic Stoned Sheep.
        I also don't like this Americanization, Linus should go back to Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post

I also don't like this Americanization, Linus should go back to Finland.
          Why is "Psychotic Stoned Sheep" an Americanization? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
            Why is "Psychotic Stoned Sheep" an Americanization? Just curious.
            ihatemichael means that the current codenames feel too "Americanized" as opposed to the former ones.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

ihatemichael means that the current codenames feel too "Americanized" as opposed to the former ones.
              Yes, correct.

Comment

Working...
              X