Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 Supported By Mainline Linux 5.16

Phoronix: Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 Supported By Mainline Linux 5.16

Linux 5.16 is an action-packed kernel with a ton of exciting additions and improvements. Adding to the growing list of changes to look forward to with v5.16 is mainline support for the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So. When can we get RPi foundation firmware blob free devices?

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
      These days you'd be lucky to get the devices themselves. The prices have skyrocketed. The newly announced RPi Zero 2W for $15 goes for 54 Euro in a starter kit with 10 Euro worth of accessories. And the offer is now gone. Crazy. And the Regular RPi 4 is about twice as expensive as it was a year ago.

BTW, I don't care about the blob-freenes. I mean, i'd prefer it all things being equal but they are not. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by kobblestown View Post
        BTW, I don't care about the blob-freenes. I mean, i'd prefer it all things being equal but they are not. Sorry.
        Find with me.
        To each his own.

Comment

The Unicode emoji standard have no emoji for raspberry! 😢

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
            Rather support business/products that care about it. RPi foundation as a whole doesn't care about it enough to make it a priority.

If you like pain, you can try: https://github.com/pftf/RPi4 but it still requires blobs: https://github.com/raspberrypi/rpi-e...irmware/stable

Comment

Working...
            X