Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Adds Linux Support To Endpoint Manager

Phoronix: Microsoft Adds Linux Support To Endpoint Manager

Microsoft's latest surprise is adding native Linux support to their Endpoint Manager software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There has been a lot if Microsoft news on Phoronix in the last week or two and the EEE crowd has been silent.

It wasn't long ago that Microsoft news produced dozens of replies of a particular nature.

Comment

Well before anyone does say anything negative, the Linux community within Microsoft are very happy because it means they can now access the things they've been blocked from accessing for a while. I personally only use Linux via WSL2 at work, so I probably won't be trying this out myself.

Comment

Embrace and extend...!

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post
          Embrace and extend...!
          Do people believe in this because it's an alliteration and therefore it must be true? Some kind of modern day's nerd superstition, I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
            Do people believe in this because it's an alliteration and therefore it must be true? Some kind of modern day's nerd superstition, I guess...
            how is it a superstition?
            It is a known strategy that MS and other have used several times in the past and that it seems they're using again.

It's just facts observation

Comment

It doesn't matter what they do now, their locked in a mode where they will do anything to collect data on you like any evil corp these days.
              anything they offer for free say like visual studio code is because they want to collect data on you.

if they were true friend and nice guy they would open source and freely license fat32, ntfs, directx, support only the first ISO office standard,
              and more actions that would make us believe.

where is the windows multiboot loader support for other oses including linux ? don't see that coming from "our friend" ?

Comment

Microsoft doesn't have the power to extinguish Linux even if they wanted to. I'm not happy with every decision Microsoft makes, but they are improving their stance on Linux.
                As it stands, I think Valve might evolve Linux as a popular gaming platform before Microsoft is able to replace Linux with Microsoft Windows.

I know what I abandoned when I turned away from Windows and the thought of returning to it is horrific.
                I won't accept any job where I'm not allowed to use Linux anymore.

Comment

Jesus christ! It is inevitable that in the future the Linux ecosystem will heavily rely on microsoft stuff to an extent where there is no way around it. Maybe not necessarily for nerds in some basement but for the value-adding sector. It is obvious that this is the point of doing all that in the first place and why would you welcome that....

Embrace, Extend, Completely-Fucked-Up
                  Last edited by Kemosabe; 04 November 2021, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
                    Well before anyone does say anything negative, the Linux community within Microsoft are very happy because it means they can now access the things they've been blocked from accessing for a while. I personally only use Linux via WSL2 at work, so I probably won't be trying this out myself.
                    Personally, I have never said anything negative about any company. However I don't use Microsoft products and I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
                    X