Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New NTFS File-System Driver Has Been Submitted For Linux 5.15

Phoronix: The New NTFS File-System Driver Has Been Submitted For Linux 5.15

It looks like Paragon Software's NTFS3 kernel driver providing much better Linux support for the Microsoft NTFS file-system will land for the 5.15 kernel!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally !!!
    I hope that the creation date of NTFS folders and files can be shown on Linux too now, besides the speed improvements.
    Thank you very much Paragon !

Comment

Been using it for the past couple of months to mount my various Windows drives under Linux with no problems in regards to backing up and restoring data when upgrading disks and just copying over games from Windows to Linux. Great to see that it'll be available without requiring a custom kernel. I bet this'll be a godsend for all the people buying Steam Decks with games on NTFS formatted USB HDDs.

Many thanks to everyone involved in making this a reality.

Comment

I am using a slightly older version of the patchset for a while now (grabbed from this little gold mine) and I am happy with it. No issues, good job and many thanks to all the devs who contributed to the driver.

Comment

NTFS-3G used to corrupt NTFS partitions when being used for downloading torrents, has anyone tried the kernel NTFS driver for the same purpose?

And while this is great news, we still need chkdsk

Comment

Great!

I still get some corrupted files writing to ntfs with the 5.13 driver, and not in an easily reproducible way :/.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              Great to see that it'll be available without requiring a custom kernel.
              You can also use DKMS. Then you don't need a custom kernel. That's how I've been using it for a few months now.

Comment

Originally posted by aksdb View Post

You can also use DKMS. Then you don't need a custom kernel. That's how I've been using it for a few months now.
                That's how I get ZFS

I meant "custom kernel" in the general sense that we won't have to do anything special on our systems for it to just be there.

Comment

Pretty sad Torvalds needed to tell the maintainers what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangix View Post
                    Pretty sad Torvalds needed to tell the maintainers what to do.
                    That's kind of his role. Ultimately he is the only making the call on what to merge.

Comment

Working...
                    X