Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.15 Graphics Driver Changes Bring Intel DG2/Alchemist, XeHP, AMD Cyan Skillfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.15 Graphics Driver Changes Bring Intel DG2/Alchemist, XeHP, AMD Cyan Skillfish

Phoronix: Linux 5.15 Graphics Driver Changes Bring Intel DG2/Alchemist, XeHP, AMD Cyan Skillfish

David Airlie submitted today the Direct Rendering Manager (DRM) graphics/display driver updates for the Linux 5.15 merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think the new graphics cards from Intel will be very well received by Linux users.
    Intel has a history of being very good at open source and having support for new products merged in mainline even before the products have been released.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I think the new graphics cards from Intel will be very well received by Linux users.
      Intel has a history of being very good at open source and having support for new products merged in mainline even before the products have been released.
      Same here. Can't wait to see how they perform. I'm also just as excited to see what AMD has up their sleeve. Been a good while since Polaris was released and we had actual low and midrange GPUs to choose from.

But I love the fact that we're discussing two different dGPUs from prominent companies with open source drivers on Linux. As a Linux user I've never felt like I had much of a choice until now.

Comment

And lovely stack traces which haven't been resolved yet

Comment

Working...
        X