No announcement yet.

Linux 5.15 Block Changes From Removing LightNVM To Fixing Up The Floppy Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.15 Block Changes From Removing LightNVM To Fixing Up The Floppy Driver

Phoronix: Linux 5.15 Block Changes From Removing LightNVM To Fixing Up The Floppy Driver

Linux block subsystem maintainer and I/O expert Jens Axboe sent in his set of feature pull requests today for the Linux 5.15 kernel cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    This is the systemd-lead effort as a global counter for block/disk changes.
    (led)

Comment

I wonder if there is any technical reason for "non standard locations" of partition tables on this Nvidia device. Or if this is just nv being silly and hampering free use.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
        I wonder if there is any technical reason for "non standard locations" of partition tables on this Nvidia device. Or if this is just nv being silly and hampering free use.
        Looking through the documentation, it seems that nvidia has a second gpt block as a backup located at the end of the disk. I imagine this could be useful for resilency -- a faulty driver would be less likely to nuke both gpt tables. But it also means that you have to have a lot of code in a lot of little places to know where to look for it. So no, it doesn't look like intentionally intended to hamper free use.

Comment

Working...
        X