Netfilter Releases Nftables 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdack View Post
    You believe anybody cares who you vote for? Not even bashbash cares who you vote for. All you do is just more ego flattery. Failed attempts do not matter. It needs one successful attempt to turn your day into shit, and for you to realise that your 95% or 99% meant nothing apart from a nice feeling it gave you and which you once had. You might as well block the whole world and allow only traffic from and to your own country, and get a smaller allowlist than your original denylist. Makes little difference apart from a better use of your firewall. It will not fix your problem nor the way you think nor who you vote for.
    Impressive personal attack, bravo. Had to read it three times to make sense of it..

Your problem is to prevent a successful attack and not attempts. Your solution is that of a racist, someone who hears there are a lot of black people in prison so you put a sign in the window that says "no blacks". Geoblocking is racism.
    Before you start throwing that label around, do check it's fucking meaning. Did I state I am somehow checking whether connecting individual is black, white, yellow or red? You just assume things. Which actually makes you a racist bigot. People like you are one reason world is becoming upside-down and fucked.

Reality is what it is - majority of attempts/attacks originate from Asia, Africa or Latin-America. I won't go there and nobody from any of those places has legitimate reason of trying to connect my server(s). I dont frankly care whether they are middle-men or originators, victims or villains - they are source of malicious probings and thus get dealt with.

In the end is your blocklist only the result of a successful denial of service attack, because denial of service attacks do not just spam with you with packets. They want you to shut down your servers, or some of them, or a part of your service, or to change your service, to make it tedious for your users, take away your users in some way. That you then block half the world makes it a success for the attacker. It becomes a con, a trick of confidence, where you got made to think that by permanently denying your service to half the world would be a gain for you, while really it is a win for the attackers. An attacker can be sitting anywhere in the world, i.e. Europe, and be using a botnet in Russia or China, or spoof their addresses.
    Use your brains. If some automated botnet can't even see the network to begin with, it will move on looking for next target. Bunch of queries and probing would be what would create extra traffic. Thus actually leaving unneeded countries-nets unblocked is problem. Plus, they might have actually have some 0-day exploit and get in.

Yet you block many innocent users from accessing your service. But maybe that is a good thing and your service is a shit show anyways.
    Get over your fucking entitlement. When I am offering free service, it's by rights entirely up to me to decide who gets access. No user has right to demand extra.

Btw, more than half U.S web servers block off European visitors [EU privacy laws are too much for them]. Are they racists too or it's a hypocrite's case of "you cant be racist towards white people"?

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
      Before you start throwing that label around, do check it's fucking meaning. Did I state I am somehow checking whether connecting individual is black, white, yellow or red? You just assume things. Which actually makes you a racist bigot. People like you are one reason world is becoming upside-down and fucked.
      No, I am not. I am the one who gets you to realise that you are being a racist when you block entire nations and continents. You still only think your are blocking machines, when really you fail to see the people behind them. Yes, this makes you a racist, if you want to be one is not the question. I am pretty sure you do not want to be one. But you also do not want to be wrong and so now you try to defend your case, and this makes you into the bigot. Just accept that when you block entire areas of the world from accessing your services then you make yourself into a racist.

Comment

sdack
        Look up the actual definition of racism, will ya?

Balts are racially identical to Slavs. You look one of each standing on street corner and they look same. Latvians and Lithuanians are Slavs themselves in fact. Estonian's are Finnic, not Indo-Europeans but older breed, but still look like 95% people of Western Russia (or Finns). So please fuckin explain to me: When I do compare between nations with exactly same skin tone HOW THAT MAKES ME SOMEHOW RACIST? Your thinking goes beyond stupid here.. Obviously, when they exhibit behavioural differences on large scale, root cause can only be cultural. Your upbringing defines you to large degree.

Islamic people Vs West: same shit. You make racist assumptions and try to hammer ME over supposedly violating your assumptions.
        FYI: Muslims don't care what your skin colour is as long as you believe Muhammed was Allah's prophet and obey customs. You can be of any colour.

Here's a picture of white Muslim for ya. Ramzan Kadyrov, Chechnya. Fair skin, blue-gray eyes, blond hair. Your typical Northern- or Central European. He was born as Muslim too, not convert.
        And despite being European by outlook they follow your typical Arab customs when it comes to clan/tribe, outlook at life.. you get my drift?

Can you now stop dragging skin colour in topics where it doesn't really matter? And attacking others over your own faulty beliefs. Life gets much easier.

Oh, and expression of entitlement based on purely color of skin.. Not merits or de-merits - is by itself racism. Because you demand preferential treatment purely based on your skin tone . it's sick "I can call you nig**r because I'm minority, I am Jew."-kind of mentality.
        grow the hell up.
        Last edited by aht0; 08 September 2021, 11:26 AM.

Comment

sdackLook up the actual definition of racism, will ya?

Balts are racially identical to Slavs. ...
          *lol* Post more pictures and more nonsense. It does not change the fact that you are denying countless of innocent people access to services that could improve their quality of life, but refuse to do so and all because of them living in the same geographical region.

You then actually want to look up what racism is. It is not simply about skin colour. I only mentioned colour in order to mock idiots like you. That you are now trying to fight me based on what you think it means is hilarious. Racism is actually about race, ethnicity, origin and religion. When it is about colour then it is referred to as colourism. But the point should not be about what it is called, but about what it is you are actually defending. And really, it should make you feel sad when you block all of South America or China. That one finds predominantly people of certain races in these regions only makes this worse, hence am I pointing out the inherent racism of geo-blocking.

But do go on. You will be making my day.

Comment

sdack
            l.
            Definition of racism
            1: a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
            https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism Read it, digest it, meditate upon it's meaning.
            Main determinant of one's race IS the skin colour and some common denominators like form of the eye. You are no better than Nazis if you want to also start measuring skulls their capacities etc.
            There are Whites, Asians, Africans and Indians. Oh and indigenous Australians by some sources. That's it. Main races. Ethnicity, religion etc don't even enter into that particular discussion.
            II.
            Mis-quoting liberal slogan: my body, khm, service.. my choice.

​​​​​III.
            Large international corporations have no issues employing geoblocking in their services. It's standard business- and defensive measure. And they are incredibly sensitive to bad PR and accusations of racism. Ergo majority doesn't see it as "expression of racism".

IV.
            There is ALWAYS somebody getting "offended" over something. Do their will and you'll end in endless spiral of "this offends me too"'s. Then to do anything you'll have to go through ever-growing list of "offenses" and limit your own freedoms accordingly. You WILaL become prisoner of offendeés and have given away your own freedom AND they would keep trying to get out more of you. It's like abusive relationship when one side plays victim and manipulates other, the real victim.

V. Go do "reality check". Depending of your origin, go visit somewhere you are really hated. See how much people around you appreciate your outlook. Somebody wise once mentioned that "society needs war in every 20y to adjust the perspective of gullible, naive and stupid". Also that "many female conservatives are raped former liberals". Maybe it'd also apply to men, dunno.
            ​​​​​​
            Last edited by aht0; 08 September 2021, 04:33 PM.

Comment

sdack...​​​​​​
              I can do this, too. Here is a link for you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

But really am I more amazed how you keep going and are seriously trying to defend the obvious discrimination. Kind of shocking, but you will likely just be some idiotic kid on the Internet. Just keep it coming.

Comment

I can do this, too. Here is a link for you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

But really am I more amazed how you keep going and are seriously trying to defend the obvious discrimination. Kind of shocking, but you will likely just be some idiotic kid on the Internet. Just keep it coming.
                Racism is the scientifically false belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to physical appearance and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another
                oh well, it's as definition not that different. Tho with Wikipedia you will have to account for interest groups who try to twist articles their way.

Now fucking tell me WHERE I tried to claim that "behavioural traits correspond to physical appearance"?

I literally posted a picture of a white, born Muslim man as an example telling you exact opposite and you disregarded it as "more nonsense". Not to mention giving you example of Baltic Vs CIS states - which contain people looking exactly like one another but behave differently, have different mindsets, attitudes and outlook to life. Do you even read anything or just go by your prejudices?

Culture /= Race
                Last edited by aht0; 08 September 2021, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Do you even read anything ...
                  Oh, yes, I do read the crap you write. I enjoy the twisting and hole-digging you perform the most. Keep going.

Comment

Oh, yes, I do read the crap you write. I enjoy the twisting and hole-digging you perform the most. Keep going.
                    Point out the particular "holes" for me. Pretty please.

Unless you mention those supposed "holes" only to hide the fact that you lack any reasonable arguments.

You have now not just one but two definition of racism, one from me, second pointed out by yourself. Show me precisely where I was racist. No ranting or illogical ideological slogans please. Show me where my opinions could be defined as "racist" using provided definitions as a base.

I am waiting with deep curiosity.

Comment

Working...
                    X