Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PulseAudio 0.9.15 Brings Major Improvements

Phoronix: PulseAudio 0.9.15 Brings Major Improvements

While a test release has been around for a few months, last night PulseAudio 0.9.15 was officially released. This open-source sound server has a number of significant enhancements in this latest update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great article. Any news on the issues between skype and pulseaudio?

Comment

I'd wish they would implement a normalizer to the Gnome volume control, so regardless what I play, everything have the same volume.

Comment

Will this, by any chance, get into Jaunty? I have a bt headset I got specifically to use with my Inspiron 1420n and I'd prefer not to wait for Karmic... Is there a PPA people can use perhaps?

Comment

Hey,

it doesn't seem to make it into Jaunty. See here:
          http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...98&postcount=1

But there is a link to a ppa of the one week old testing release just before the actual release. I will give it a try, some spdif support on PA would be very great.

Manu

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
            Will this, by any chance, get into Jaunty? I have a bt headset I got specifically to use with my Inspiron 1420n and I'd prefer not to wait for Karmic... Is there a PPA people can use perhaps?
            I don't think so, but it will be in Fedora 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
              I'd wish they would implement a normalizer to the Gnome volume control, so regardless what I play, everything have the same volume.
              Are you certain that you're not really looking for something like replayGain? Normalisation/Compression causes audible artefacts.

Frank

Comment

Is the BT support in Pulse itself or is it only for handling the BT support of ALSA?

Comment

:\ Unfortunately the pulseaudio site with release notes and information on the volume control is down.

Glad to see these improvements, though. I know that last time I used Pulse, I saw that its user interface could have used a little touching up.

Comment

Anybody know if pulseaudio will be used in Kubuntu 9.04? If not, why? Because of phonon?

Comment

Working...
                    X