Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd/Microsoft Effort For A Global Counter On Block/Disk Changes Coming To Linux 5.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd/Microsoft Effort For A Global Counter On Block/Disk Changes Coming To Linux 5.15

Phoronix: Systemd/Microsoft Effort For A Global Counter On Block/Disk Changes Coming To Linux 5.15

Last month I wrote about a possible global counter for block/disk changes on Linux being discussed by Microsoft and systemd developers to better track changes via a system-wide monotonically increasing number as an alternative to the existing per-disk tracking. That functionality is now queued up as part of the block subsystem changes ahead of the Linux 5.15 merge window in a few weeks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh no... Yet another article with both Microsoft and systemd in the same sentence... This might be entertaining!

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
      Oh no... Yet another article with both Microsoft and systemd in the same sentence... This might be entertaining!
      The whine squad is too shocked to even report for duty

Comment

And a year from now... "Discovered side channel attack involving block disk changes counters. The recommendation is to disable them".

Comment

I wonder if this developer had any experience with the Windows kernel code.
          I would love to read an article by someone with experience with both the Linux kernel and the Windows kernel, and to hear opinions, impressions, preferences, pros/cons, and such.

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
            Oh not another flamewar- Take cover! Take cover!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Oh not another flamewar- Take cover! Take cover!

Comment

andyprough walking into the thread like

Comment

perpetually high
                  That had an F the last time I watched it.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    perpetually high
                    That had an F the last time I watched it.
                    Same man, same. I'm 35, gonna be 36 in September. I haven't watched really in over a decade. But the 90s era with Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, Undertaker, and those guys and then the Attitude Era in the '2000s with Stone Cold, The Rock, Mankind, etc. Best times. Some of these dudes are still around (Undertaker). incredible. Got lots of respect for wrestlers and wrestling.

Comment

Working...
                    X