Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SquashFS Tools 4.5 Released To Celebrate 20 Years Of SquashFS

Phoronix: SquashFS Tools 4.5 Released To Celebrate 20 Years Of SquashFS

While SquashFS wasn't mainlined in the Linux kernel until 2009, this compressed read-only file-system has been in development for twenty years now with initially being a set of out-of-tree kernel patches. SquashFS has been instrumental to many Linux distributions for their Live DVD/USB environments and other use-cases where needing a general purpose read-only file-system with low overhead...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

finally, i was looking for a way to convert tar files to sqfs easily.

Comment

Does it support ACLs now?

Comment

Great. Btw there's another fork of this tool with other advanced features, but I think this author deserves lots of credit, too.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
          Great. Btw there's another fork of this tool with other advanced features, but I think this author deserves lots of credit, too.
          he would, had you posted the link. what fork are you talking about?

Comment

Hooray SquashFS. SquashFS + AUFS2 was a game changer for my livecd projects.

Comment

Originally posted by arun54321 View Post
              Does it support ACLs now?
              Out of curiosity, what would be the use of that? I'd say that permissions to the files within squashfs would and should be bounded by the rights of the user who mounted it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post

he would, had you posted the link. what fork are you talking about?

Comment

Does mksquashfs use --ultra when compressing with zstd at level 22? I can't find any information about it. Would suck if it doesn't.

(I couldn't care less about compression speeds, as long as decompression is not affected, even 1 byte smaller = better)

Comment

Working...
                  X