Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.14 Now Handles The Microsoft Xbox One Select/Share Button On Its Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.14 Now Handles The Microsoft Xbox One Select/Share Button On Its Controllers

Phoronix: Linux 5.14 Now Handles The Microsoft Xbox One Select/Share Button On Its Controllers

The Linux 5.14 input subsystem updates have landed with new hardware support and other changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

- For years there has been Xbox One Controller support with Linux using the XPad driver. But the "Select" / "Share" button hasn't been properly mapped by the kernel driver. Thanks to a Google engineer, the Select/Share button is now working with proper event mapping thanks to a few new lines of code.
    But isn't it a new button added in the last controller revision (Model 1914)?

UPD: Indeed. This is for Model 1914:
    Code:
    [I]+ { 0x045e, 0x0b12, "Microsoft Xbox One X pad", MAP_SELECT_BUTTON, XTYPE_XBOXONE },[/I]
    And this controller is on the market for less than a year. =P
    Last edited by puleglot; 10 July 2021, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by puleglot View Post

But isn't it a new button added in the last controller revisions (Models 1914 and 1797 "Elite 2")?

UPD: Indeed. This is for Model 1914:
      Code:
      [I]+ { 0x045e, 0x0b12, "Microsoft Xbox One X pad", MAP_SELECT_BUTTON, XTYPE_XBOXONE },[/I]
      And this controller is on the market for less than a year. =P
      Correct. They've also incorrectly labeled the controller as an Xbox One X controller when it's actually the Xbox Series X controller. I blame MS for this though, with their nonsensical naming scheme.

Comment

Microsoft now calls it just "Xbox Wireless Controller"

Comment

If only they hadn't screwed up the BT-Pairing on the Series X/S-Controllers...

Comment

Working...
          X