Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNU Binutils 2.37 Is On The Way - Finally Drops ARM Symbian OS Support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GNU Binutils 2.37 Is On The Way - Finally Drops ARM Symbian OS Support

    Phoronix: GNU Binutils 2.37 Is On The Way - Finally Drops ARM Symbian OS Support

    GNU Binutils 2.37 has been branched and the release process initiated for these low-level GNU components likely seeing their v2.37 release later this month...

    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

  • #2
    Symbian is dead for like ten years. They could've drop it five years ago.

    Comment


    • #3
      This is so sad; Symbian was an incredible OS, real-time microkernel able to run Qt on a very constrained CPUs... It was also so satisfying to use, touch screen phones will always feel laggy because of the buffer needed to recognise gestures and these stupid animations. But it was unable to cope with the bloat on the web, though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mb_q View Post
        This is so sad; Symbian was an incredible OS, real-time microkernel able to run Qt on a very constrained CPUs... It was also so satisfying to use, touch screen phones will always feel laggy because of the buffer needed to recognise gestures and these stupid animations. But it was unable to cope with the bloat on the web, though.
        I'm not sad at all. Symbian had 3 different OS's seemingly running incompatible apps with one another. It was really bad even then. đŸ˜… I had one.

        Comment


        • #5
          And people kept saying Symbian was dead… well, not according to GNU

          Comment


          • #6
            Funny usually complains are about: How could they drop my 20year old device....me and 2other nerds are still running it! But this time.. Wtf? That thing is dead since 10 years. They must have been waiting for the last user before dropping it

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
              Funny usually complains are about: How could they drop my 20year old device....me and 2other nerds are still running it! But this time.. Wtf? That thing is dead since 10 years. They must have been waiting for the last user before dropping it
              Richard Stallman bought a new phone.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

                Richard Stallman bought a new phone.
                thats a good one. My guess he din't like the mew tech ...so he swaped it with an old nokia. 64x64 pixel monochrome is enough
                Last edited by CochainComplex; 05 July 2021, 01:52 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

                  thats a good one. My guess he din't like the mew tech ...so he swaped it with an old nokia. 64x64 pixel monochrome is enough
                  How does he not like mew tech?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

                    How does he not like mew tech?
                    XD .... You got planty of those. I'm wondering if you are genius being able to remember suitable cat memes for any situation or if you have a dedicated Nas for this pics ...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X