Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 249 Has Another Chance For Testing Before Release

Phoronix: Systemd 249 Has Another Chance For Testing Before Release

Another release candidate of systemd 249 is available for testing while the actual release appears imminent...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Maybe during testing they can jettison about 1.5 million lines of code, get it down to 600 or so lines of code like runit.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
      Maybe during testing they can jettison about 1.5 million lines of code, get it down to 600 or so lines of code like runit.
      Man that Emacs does too much. They should trim it down so it's simple like Nano.

Comment

Why would anyone want that? Runit already exists, world doesn't need another runit (tbh it doesn't need the first runit either).
        Last edited by intelfx; 02 July 2021, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Well, there is always that someone that have no idea how git, code or build systems work in this threads but for some reason feel compelled to make it painfully clear to everyone else with those out of this world dumb comments ...

Comment

And also the Linux kernel! It has so much code, it should be trimmed down to something more sensible, like MS-DOS. Not to mention the CPUs, Intel and AMD should follow the "minimal" school of thought too and make chips with ~10000 transistors, before they got "bloated"...

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough
              ... Why would I stoop to responding to any of you? ...
              Well ...

you did.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925
                And while we're at it, humans are all too bloated, we must cut ourselves down to single celled organisms.
                Some apparently already did.

Comment

Its 2021 and there are still some people who are too dense to understand that systemd is a program and a project and that a whole set of tools live under this projects roof.

Its the GNU Coreutils of the system layer and an init system is just one part of it.

*I have no Idea what systemd is, but I know I hate it*

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
                    Its 2021 and there are still some people who are too dense to understand that systemd is a program and a project and that a whole set of tools live under this projects roof.

Its the GNU Coreutils of the system layer and an init system is just one part of it.

*I have no Idea what systemd is, but I know I hate it*
                    They certainly have a history of hating systems for imaginary reasons. Lest we forget the most fundamental problems they have selflessly warned us about:
                    • systemd is proprietary
                    • systemd runs everything as pid1 with kernel privileges
                    • systemd is a NSA backdoor
                    • systemd is x86 only
                    • systemd reports everything you do to Poettering
                    • systemd is (somehow) Windows
                    • etc...

Comment

Working...
                    X