Canonical Partners With Blender Around Paid LTS Application Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canonical Partners With Blender Around Paid LTS Application Support

Phoronix: Canonical Partners With Blender Around Paid LTS Application Support

Ubuntu maker Canonical has partnered up with the Blender Foundation to offer paid enterprise support around the long-term support versions of Blender...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Blender is great and the development pace is insane! Absolutely insane! Blender gets major new features so fast!

I wish the GIMP development pace was faster.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Blender is great and the development pace is insane! Absolutely insane! Blender gets major new features so fast!

I wish the GIMP development pace was faster.
      What are you missing from GIMP?
      Blender has improved a lot , especially the user interface with 2.8+. Personally I don't like Canonical one bit.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Dang Canonical has been on a roll lately with these partnerships

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
          What are you missing from GIMP?
          Well a lot of things, I don't what about you, but if you tell someone GIMP is a good alternative for Photoshop, you will be subjected to disagreement and even mockery.
          Conversely, as someone who learned 3ds max at the past, I can definitely vouch that blender is really really good alternative, and it's becoming even better by the months.

Comment

Personally I don't like Canonical one bit.
            Why?
            Because thanks to Canonical Linux became alot more mainstream & therefore you can't feel l33t enough anymore?

Comment

I wish Canonical well in their quest for a reliable revenue stream.

Comment

I only use Ubuntu because the other Linux OS's look ugly. I am waiting for Debian to look good finally. My problem with Ubuntu is since buying a new motherboard, I have no sound. I have sound in Windows 10 and I'm sure it would probably work in Debian.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

Why?
                  Because thanks to Canonical Linux became alot more mainstream & therefore you can't feel l33t enough anymore?
                  Sort of. But mostly because they dumbed down the darn thing attracting people with a use instead of fix attitude, upstart, unity, telemetry (search) and so on. Some people use Ubuntu because of the default theme for Christ sake... This kind of people belongs in the windows world and is what Ubuntu is targeting.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Some people use Ubuntu because of the default theme for Christ sake... This kind of people belongs in the windows world and is what Ubuntu is targeting.
                    Alright, gate keeper.

Comment

Working...
                    X