Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.13-rc5 Is Fairly Average In Size But Not Calming Down Yet

Phoronix: Linux 5.13-rc5 Is Fairly Average In Size But Not Calming Down Yet

Linus Torvalds just released Linux 5.13-rc5 ahead of Linux 5.13 potentially releasing later this month but depending upon how the rest of the cycle plays out could end up in early July...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There is also the change in 5.13-rc5 of the "-O3" optimization for WireGuard being disabled over that aggressive optimization level being considered too unsafe for the kernel.
    If I wanted to compile Linux with O3, how would I go about it? Could I simply pass KCFLAGS="-O3" with the make command or would I need to change the makefiles?

Comment

Originally posted by kvuj View Post

If I wanted to compile Linux with O3, how would I go about it? Could I simply pass KCFLAGS="-O3" with the make command or would I need to change the makefiles?
      xanmod kernel is using this patch https://sourceforge.net/projects/xan...xanmod/xanmod/

0012-XANMOD-init-Kconfig-Enable-O3-KBUILD_CFLAGS-optimiza.patch

Comment

Working...
      X