Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    No idea how to get that up and running.
    That's your problem.

Go to the website.
    Click Download.
    Click APT.
    Follow the instructions.

It's not difficult. At all. If you managed to install any distribution ever you should have no problem with this.

I can only assume you're trolling.

Comment

It isn't available on Ubuntu in the software store. It doesn't seem like there is any Flatpak or Snap package for it.
      No idea how to get that up and running. It brands itself as "the most popular and feature rich Open Source administration and development platform for PostgreSQL" and its not even packaged and available in Ubuntu. If this is the best the PostgreSQL community has to offer, then yikes!

You're free to edit the article if you can improve it. Wikipedia likes having references to backup statements though many databases are shy in their documentation when it comes to stating how compliant they are. Many databases also have quite similar functionality but implemented in a non-standard way.
      Just amazed that neither Microsoft nor Oracle have bothered to edit that page.

Comment

I am sure it is technically great, maybe the best database there is. But they need to drop this vanity PostgreSQL License, yes I know it is FSF-approved and OSI-approved so it is a true free open source software license, but it still a vanity license, and they should use one of the more established and popular ones such as the 2-clause BSD License or the ISC License.

Please read the license. The reality is the PostgreSQL license is one of "University of California" open source license where BSD license comes from. Something else people miss is that the start of what comes Postgresql is Ingres that starts in the 1970. What we call PostgreSQL license is one of the "University of California" predecessor licenses to BSD and originally the license that Postgresql uses was not named.

Yes read it Postgresql license not a Clause 2 BSD license. The Postgresql license is the ultra-rare BSD license 1 clause that the original Ingres. Yes some old documents do refer to the PostgreSQL License in basically it current form on Ingres as a BSD License. Many places that talk about the BSD license have to going from BSD zero clause to be BSD 2 clause completely missing the existence of the BSD/PostgreSQL license 1 clause license.

2 clause BSD terms don't match the original 1 clause.

Yes the reality is BSD license if you count them all across history there is 0,1,2,3 and 4 clause versions. Postgresql License is the not talked about 1 clause version of the BSD license. For it place in the BSD license development history I do think Postgresql License should stay around on something.

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

Just amazed that neither Microsoft nor Oracle have bothered to edit that page.
          Because their sales channel is "take execs out for a day at the golf course followed by dinner", and not techies comparing features?

Comment

Originally posted by cynic View Post

give https://dbeaver.io/ a try!
            it is also flatpaked!
            Nice. I never heard of it before, always using pgadmin, but always missed some features in it. dbeaver looks cool, including support for GIS data visualisation, schema graphs, and other neat stuff. Plus it supports many backends, which is great. Thanks for the link.

Also love the PostgreSQL. 14 looks to be really a awesome release.

Comment

Originally posted by cynic View Post

give https://dbeaver.io/ a try!
              it is also flatpaked!
              +1 for dbeaver.
              oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
              oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
              oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
              Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
              X