X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intelfx
    replied
    Originally posted by Teggs View Post

Oh, sorry! I hope you were amused by me being an ass.
    Poe's law strikes again.

Leave a comment:

• Teggs
    replied
    Originally posted by brad0 View Post

This has nothing to do with printing. Holy doofus.
    Oh, sorry! I hope you were amused by me being an ass.

Leave a comment:

• Trevelyan
    replied
    If you had your console mapped to your serial port and suitable printer attached (I’d go with a dot matrix), then printk() could be about printing (in the document printer sense).

Leave a comment:

• microcode
    replied
    Printing on PCs is in an awful state considering how much time has passed to get it right. Ye Olde 'print one copy and make sure it's right before printing the rest' is still the order of the day, which is annoying and rediculous. I am aware that some people's setups work correctly, but some don't work at all, and some experience 'changes' at random in the software that mean the user cannot trust the result from one day to the next. Windows may have better driver coverage than Linux, but it is in no way immune to that last issue.

I give printing in 2021 an overall grade of .
    Not that kind of printing.

Leave a comment:

• brad0
    replied
    Printing on PCs is in an awful state considering how much time has passed to get it right. Ye Olde 'print one copy and make sure it's right before printing the rest' is still the order of the day, which is annoying and rediculous. I am aware that some people's setups work correctly, but some don't work at all, and some experience 'changes' at random in the software that mean the user cannot trust the result from one day to the next. Windows may have better driver coverage than Linux, but it is in no way immune to that last issue.

This has nothing to do with printing. Holy doofus.

Leave a comment:

• Teggs
    replied

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Not sure if you're speaking in general or if that's a jab at University of Minnesota.

But funny

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Siuoq View Post
    It's never too late to introduce new bugs in the print function
    Not sure if you're speaking in general or if that's a jab at University of Minnesota.

Leave a comment:

• Siuoq
    replied
    It's never too late to introduce new bugs in the print function

Leave a comment:

• Linux is Turning 30 Years Old & Printk Is Still Being Refined

Phoronix: Linux is Turning 30 Years Old & Printk Is Still Being Refined

The printk() function dates all the way back to the original Linux kernel release and even with Linux turning thirty years old this week, work on printk is not over...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X