Stratis 2.4 Released With Multi-Threaded Daemon, Root File-System Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stratis 2.4 Released With Multi-Threaded Daemon, Root File-System Support

Phoronix: Stratis 2.4 Released With Multi-Threaded Daemon, Root File-System Support

While Fedora Workstation has been moving along with its Btrfs file-system usage and beginning to make greater use of its functionality, Red Hat does continue investing heavily in Stratis-Storage as their path forward for next-generation Linux storage with Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Today marks the release of Stratis 2.4...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone remembers http://evms.sourceforge.net/ ? Built on aix smitty concepts, it was pretty nice back then. Pity it didn't catch up. Also pity we're getting comparable tools only now. But at least we're getting them.

Comment

In what cases Stratis 2.4 is more usable thant other possibilities?

For me as far as Stratis does not support redundancy and integrity features it is not usable with normal JBOD style cases. Or in any case where underlying storage components are not redundant and do not support integrity features. This limitation removes almost all use cases for me.

Comment

I tested integrity, sparse lvm raid, crypt, xfs, and found that integrity was slow because it can't skip zeroing, and snapshots in lvm are a bit strange with the double pool. ZFS, and btrfs were also tested, nice to have 3 options.

Comment

Working...
        X