Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.12 Released With Intel Xe Variable Rate Refresh, Clang LTO, KFENCE + More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
    So Intel doesn't even have their graphics cards out yet and they have adaptive sync, but yet my video card from another vendor is just finally getting it after many years.
    Xe has been available for a while, as iGPUs.

Comment

This is going to be the coolest version of Linux:

5.12 = 29 / 102

...until 10.24, which has an even nicer symmetry.

Comment

So Intel doesn't even have their graphics cards out yet and they have adaptive sync, but yet my video card from another vendor is just finally getting it after many years.
        As mentioned in the article about it, the Xe graphics targeted by this change are primarily found in Tiger Lake (in Laptops & SFF PCs since late last year) and Rocket Lake (in desktops since the end of last month):

Comment

Originally posted by OpenSourceAnarchist View Post
          Maybe I'm out of the loop, but does this mean there are no issues building the kernel with Clang? I thought only GCC was really supported.
          OpenMandriva use Clang kernel.

Comment

It was a smooth upgrade this time around.
            Custom Linux 5.12, with Virtualbox 6.1.20, NVidia 465.24.02 building right out of the box, without fixes.

Comment

Are you talking about nouveau, or yet another vendor? amdgpu DC has had the corresponding support for years.

Comment

It could be worse, you could have the same problems I do with my Intel+AMD laptop which went from perfectly supported to not booting with Kernel 5.11

Comment

Working...
                X