Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Preparing To Deal With SD Card Power/Performance Features

Phoronix: Linux Preparing To Deal With SD Card Power/Performance Features

Since the SD card specification v4.0 there has been the notion of extension registers initially for power management features that in the SD v6.0 specification also is now used for performance features. The Linux kernel is finally beginning to work towards making use of those SD extension registers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You can always use tapes

Comment

Love my UFS cards but not the JMS901 chipset of the card reader. But still better than SD - until SD-Express at least.

Comment

Uh, I like CF much better. Was faster in the beginning, had SMART support (as of some spec released years ago), you could use it in cameras, thin clients and whatnot, and they have better MLC SLC availability, more data on TBW.
        SDs are hard to find with some professional options, most is just fancy crap (marketing blah) and x-times speed ratings. omg. and they chose exFAT for >32GiB.
        But either way, a good developement that this is now supported.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Will this lead to support of the A2 profile? IIRC, that requires driver side intelligence to submit requests in a different way than non-A2 cards.
          Last edited by willmore; 22 April 2021, 07:25 PM. Reason: grammer is a thing that I do not have.

Comment

Working...
          X