Reiser4 Ported Early To The Linux 5.12 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abomination..
    I will make sure my kernels get purified!!

Comment

Tried ReiserFS, but it was such a hassle I wanted to f*ing strangle myself

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
        Can you tell me what Reiser 4 has actually to do with the old Reiser file system or with Hans Reiser? And why should you name a file system after a murderer? Shall this be some kind of anti-PR for this fs?
        Consider the difficult position this puts Linux in:

a) Accept "Reiser4" into the kernel. I guarantee a whole news cycle will appear about software, named after a murderer, is accepted into the kernel. What's next? Would you accept HJTP - Hilter's Jew Transport Protocol - if it has "good code"?

b) Accept "filesystem_name" into the kernel. The news cycle will still happen because it will say "filesystem_name, previously named Reiser4 after the convicted murderer Hans Reiser, is the successor to the similarly named ReiserFS which was a popular filesystem for Linux distributions between yyyy and yyyy. However, ReiserFS still exists in the kernel despite calls to have it removed due to the name"

c) Accept "filesystem_name" into the kernel, and rename "ReiserFS". Now media will mention how we're okay with code from murderers, as long as it is named something different. Also, you can be 100% certain that there's some journalist that has a lot of dirt on a lot of developers. Do we have to reject the science from the Nazis that the Americans acquired too?

d) Accept "filesystem_name" into the kernel, and remove "ReiserFS". Now everything and anything that has someone unsavoury involved with the development is going to be under attack.

Or... they can just ignore it and let it live outside the kernel to maintain status quo.

I just don't like the politics and would rather add it because its good, not because it was named after a file system whose lead developer murdered his wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
          The people who ...demand a rename are just childish at this point.
          I don't know about demanding, but it would be in Namesys' best interest to rename it if they want to be taken seriously. It was an even poorer decision to name an FS Resier5, unless they want to be a niche FS that actively pushes users away.

Edit: Reiser was sentenced to 15 years in 2006. Does someone know when he will be released?
          Hopefully, he does at least 25 years. That's the minimum he'd be doing if he hadn't hid the body.

Comment

ReiserFS is a interesting FS, no matter what.
            The people who make murder jokes or demand a rename are just childish at this point.
            Idea to rename Reiser4 to something else like ShishkinFS is to give credit where it's due. Hans Reiser has little to do with Reiser4 development at this point, though it may look petty to take it away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
              Hopefully, he does at least 25 years. That's the minimum he'd be doing if he hadn't hid the body.
              Hiding the body makes sentence lower in US?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                This is called Revenge, you want revenge. The US punishment system is based on revenge.

Most of the world instead uses the idea of fair punishment and rehabilitation to get the people back into a normal life. It does not use anyone, that guy will be forever known as a murderer, he just sits there on tax money 15 years after he did his crime and read books. If there isn't a psychological reason, aka he still being a danger to the public, then there is no reason why he should not be rehabilitated.

At the end, its (likely) your taxes.

I am not sure about his case directly because its so confusing with so many plot twists in between, I am not sure if 15 years is fair, I am not sure if Reiser regrets his doings today. What I do not see is any preparation for rehabilitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
                  Can you tell me what Reiser 4 has actually to do with the old Reiser file system or with Hans Reiser? And why should you name a file system after a murderer? Shall this be some kind of anti-PR for this fs?
                  Even though he has not touched the code in many years, Reiser4 was created by Hans Reiser, that's where the name comes from.
                  They did not name the FS after a murderer, he became a murderer after creating and naming the FS.
                  Or did you mean Reiser5? If so yeah, it looks like an evolution of R4, but it may make more sense to have it named differently indeed. But maybe Edward Shishkin thought his own name was not big enough and renaming would lose some of the appeal?

Comment

If there isn't a psychological reason, aka he still being a danger to the public, then there is no reason why he should not be rehabilitated.
                    Good luck getting anyone to hire a convicted murderer. It's a huge liability with dire prospects and not much benefit, if at all.

Psych tests can be worked around. Psychopaths (of which he probably is one) learn that very early in their "careers."

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post

Good luck getting anyone to hire a convicted murderer. It's a huge liability with dire prospects and not much benefit, if at all.

Psych tests can be worked around. Psychopaths (of which he probably is one) learn that very early in their "careers."
                      Psychopaths lack any sort of complex creative abilities, also they are incredibly rare like less than %1 of the population. You would be more likely to run into a hollywood freak than have a coder that was a true psychopath. Most likely just a jealous man who lost his mind or wits, could have been strung out on something, who knows.

We do live within a psychopathic control grid though, all it took was .05% of the population to establish dynasties long ago that have kept the control of food, money and transportation, thus you easily have a world ruled by them.

I chalk Reiser up to a man who just lost his shit and killed someone.

Also, psychopaths have the exact same brain structure as normal human beings, the only difference is that their brain does not get used like a normal persons.

The occult origins of psychopaths are the Djinn attaching into a deveoping foetus. Thats how that shit happens and how they come into this world. It takes many generations of imbreeding to produce such an "it".
                      Last edited by creative; 09 April 2021, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X