Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRUB 2.06 Release Candidate Available For Testing

Phoronix: GRUB 2.06 Release Candidate Available For Testing

GRUB 2.06 was originally anticipated for release in 2020 but then the BootHole security vulnerability foiled those plans. This long awaited bootloader update though is near with GRUB 2.06-RC1 being issued on Friday and plans to formally release it in about one month's time...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have my doubts , but I hope I can get rid of my usb drives with the SuperGrub2 rescue disk, and Debian live that I regularly have been using the last couple of years (on five different boxes) to get things running again due to (apparently) random failures such as grub_calloc, invalid arch-independent ELF magic, grub_verify_string etc... etc... on almost every grub-update.
    I cross my fingers that 2.06 works better for me and my boxes....

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Finally, fully encrypted LUKS2 root is possible.

Also nice to see some ZoL fixes make it through.

Comment

While it works in principle, it still drops any LVM if just one, even non-root LV is cached. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxSbIIjhxOQ Also 5+ year old patch for dash'ed LUKE UUIDs also still not applied :-/

Comment

Any chance to get native zfs encryption support soon?
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

If they could ever add hi-dpi mode... would be appreciated. Only been about 9 years since the first hi-dpi laptop was released. No rush.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
              If they could ever add hi-dpi mode... would be appreciated. Only been about 9 years since the first hi-dpi laptop was released. No rush.
              Honestly, EFISTUB is probably a better option for most people. Except if you're constantly dealing with buggy drivers and boot failures, in which case you definitely want a bootloader like GRUB or systemd-boot.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

Honestly, EFISTUB is probably a better option for most people. Except if you're constantly dealing with buggy drivers and boot failures, in which case you definitely want a bootloader like GRUB or systemd-boot.

​​​​​
                Luckily I do, gentoo with EFISTUB

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                  Any chance to get native zfs encryption support soon?
                  I'd expect this to drop 5-10 years after Oracle releases a statement that the zfs license is compatible with GPL or dual licenses with GPL .

Comment

I wonder why they don't use Gitlab or Github!
                    If some user what to report bugs, the layout of the website where bugs are reported is so lame that people might feel discouraged to even bother reporting it.

Comment

Working...
                    X