Linux 5.11.5, 5.10.22 Released With Headless AMD Navi 12 SKU Backported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.11.5, 5.10.22 Released With Headless AMD Navi 12 SKU Backported

Phoronix: Linux 5.11.5, 5.10.22 Released With Headless AMD Navi 12 SKU Backported

Just two days after the release of Linux 5.11.4 it has now been succeeded by Linux 5.11.5 and the maintained LTS kernels also saw new releases this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Long as they are only selling cards with defective DCN/VCN into that stream of commerce, and not disabling perfectly-good chips to meet demand, seems fine by me.

Comment

The headless Navi 12 card was announced months ago - the Radeon Pro V520

Per AMD:
      "Powerful Data Center Graphics for Remote Workers to Cloud Gamers
      (Only available as a public cloud offering)"

Radeon Pro V520:
      https://www.amd.com/en/products/serv...adeon-pro-v520

Navi12:

Amazon Virtual Workstation (G4ad):
      https://www.amd.com/en/graphics/work...cs-amazon-g4ad

It supports MxGPU - according to the specs on the AMD page - so I guess it's partly the [low-end] spiritual successor to the V340.
      It's a shame that AMD does not seem to be publicly supporting this anymore for "normal" people.. the Github repository is only for MxGPU on S7150, and the v340 and now v520 have never been supported, or even available in normal retail channels [as far as I know],,

I also wonder if there's a headless dual GPU card [Navi 10 or Navi 21] coming to directly replace the V340... or maybe Google Stadia's seemingly impending death will mean that the V340 does not need to be replaced...
      Last edited by edge-case; 09 March 2021, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X