Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.12-rc2 Released Early - A Rare Friday Kernel Due To That Nasty Corruption Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.12-rc2 Released Early - A Rare Friday Kernel Due To That Nasty Corruption Issue

Phoronix: Linux 5.12-rc2 Released Early - A Rare Friday Kernel Due To That Nasty Corruption Issue

While Linus Torvalds long has released his new kernel releases -- both release candidates and the inaugural stable releases -- every Sunday, there are the occasional exceptions like this week with Linux 5.12-rc2 being issued on Friday night. The Linux 5.12-rc2 release has come early due to that nasty file-system corruption issue stemming from botched swapfile handling...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You keep posting smashed pc devices, I'm starting to worry about your mental health.

Comment

Such a small change to fix such a nasty bug. https://github.com/torvalds/linux/co...a2008f81b93f14

Comment

Any Clang-LTO numbers incoming, Michael? It would be interesting to see a LTO vs. non-LTO benchmark Kernel comparison.

Comment

As applied by Firefox and Chrome would be useful the time of kernel development was reduced of two weeks.

Comment

That swapfile fix was backported to Linux 5.11.4 and now I'm wondering why.......

Comment

Thanks for reporting on this corruption issue. I delayed upgrading because of seeing it on my RSS feed, and you (likely) saved my bacon!

Comment

Working...
              X