Microsoft Contributes Integrity Improvements To Linux 5.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

Explain how it impacts you when you are using a cloud provider.
    If you believe that M$ technology is unreliable you are virtualizing your Linux server/whatever over an unreliable infrastructure, unless you believe that Windows Server 2008 is a good option anyway.

Comment

Wait till they bring device attestation to linux kernels, so you can only use their services from a "secure system".. Which is only possible by using pre-compiled / signed kernels MS releases...
      That´s the way they kill Open Source Linux in Enterprises...

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post

If you believe that M$ technology is unreliable you are virtualizing your Linux server/whatever over an unreliable infrastructure, unless you believe that Windows Server 2008 is a good option anyway.
        If you have a trust issue with the vendor, you wouldn't be using their cloud anyway regardless of their hypervisor ie) the specific hypervisor doesn't change that

Comment

Originally posted by Spacefish View Post
          Wait till they bring device attestation to linux kernels, so you can only use their services from a "secure system".. Which is only possible by using pre-compiled / signed kernels MS releases...
          That´s the way they kill Open Source Linux in Enterprises...
          Err, no. IMA attestation has existed in Linux for a long time. This is just an incremental addition to existing infrastructure.

Comment

If you have a trust issue with the vendor, you wouldn't be using their cloud anyway regardless of their hypervisor ie) the specific hypervisor doesn't change that
            This reply is quite elusive... It is not a trust issue it is a technology issue...

Comment

This reply is quite elusive... It is not a trust issue it is a technology issue...
              As you noted earlier: "If you believe that M$ technology is unreliable " I view it as lack of trust.

Comment

As you noted earlier: "If you believe that M$ technology is unreliable " I view it as lack of trust.
                No it isn't, it is just experience. Do you work for M$?

Comment

No it isn't, it is just experience. Do you work for M$?
                  You talked about belief earlier. If you have experience specifically using their hypervisor in the cloud and that didn't work out well for you, that would indeed count as experience and not merely a belief. No, I have no affiliation with Microsoft

Comment

You talked about belief earlier. If you have experience specifically using their hypervisor in the cloud and that didn't work out well for you, that would indeed count as experience and not merely a belief. No, I have no affiliation with Microsoft
                    No, I have been talking about a service that relies on a cluster of Windows servers. Do not mislead my words, thanks.

Comment

No, I have been talking about a service that relies on a cluster of Windows servers. Do not mislead my words, thanks.
                      So you have experience with on-prem Windows servers but no experience with either hypervisor or cloud? If so, I stand by what I originally said.

Comment

Working...
                      X