Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Btrfs With Linux 5.12 Gets More Performance Improvements, Working Zoned Mode

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    Is 64k partition on 4k os something which is currently being worked on?
    i don't know, but you can just always use 4k partitions

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by DanglingPointer View Post

      Simply because it was default on installer and didn't really care too much about the tiny OS SSD disk. All my stuff is in the massive RAID5. I trust the integrity more of the BTRFS RAID5 than the OS disk. Not because it is ext4, but because it was an SSD and like I said from 7 years ago! When longevity of SSD's were not fully apreciated nor tested. It's still running now by the way! But not much happens on the OS disk besides var/log and systemD logs I suppose.
      I would be *very* careful with BTRFS RAID5/6. Make sure your metadata profile is RAID1c3 or even RAID1c4 and for the love of all that is holy make sure you run scrub after any unclean shutdown as there is no automatic handling of that yet.

      http://www.dirtcellar.net

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by waxhead View Post

        I would be *very* careful with BTRFS RAID5/6. Make sure your metadata profile is RAID1c3 or even RAID1c4 and for the love of all that is holy make sure you run scrub after any unclean shutdown as there is no automatic handling of that yet.
        Mate I've been using it for nearly 7 years between 2 servers with nearly 50TB altogether. You would assume I would know what I'm doing true in all that time? Perhaps read the earlier post if you haven't read them yet before giving unsolicited advice.

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          i don't know, but you can just always use 4k partitions
          I can also use a 4K page size on ppc64le, but that won't change the fact that I already have 64k partitions
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by DanglingPointer View Post

            Mate I've been using it for nearly 7 years between 2 servers with nearly 50TB altogether. You would assume I would know what I'm doing true in all that time? Perhaps read the earlier post if you haven't read them yet before giving unsolicited advice.
            It is a public forum and I am Just trying to help. Not just you specifically, but everyone. I have read your posts in this thread and there is nothing that indicates to me that you have an understanding of the risks of running BTRFS' RAID5/6 profile on metadata. Now while you may understand the risks involved far too many do not. Reading your posts here others less informed people may think that it is ok to run BTRFS with the RAID5/6 storage profile now and may not realize that there is different storage profiles for both data and metadata.

            http://www.dirtcellar.net

            Comment

            Working...
            X