Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building The Linux Kernel With Clang Continues To Be Useful, New Features Pursued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building The Linux Kernel With Clang Continues To Be Useful, New Features Pursued

Phoronix: Building The Linux Kernel With Clang Continues To Be Useful, New Features Pursued

At last month's Linux.Conf.Au virtual conference was a presentation by Google engineer Nick Desaulniers on the current state of building the Linux kernel with LLVM Clang as an alternative to GCC...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And I even managed to get it to compile with LTO and Polly. Thanks to Nick and all people involved for all the work they put into that project.

Comment

Now all we need is for musl-libc to become drop-in ABI compatible with GOG.com games and I can properly give those irritating "It's GNU/Linux" people the finger.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
        Now all we need is for musl-libc to become drop-in ABI compatible with GOG.com games and I can properly give those irritating "It's GNU/Linux" people the finger.
        That would be a lot of work for such a petty reason.

Comment

Originally posted by dreich View Post

That would be a lot of work for such a petty reason.
          I wouldn't expect them to do that because of that reason... it's more an "I can dream, can't I?" thing.

Comment

You should seek help for your inferiority complex.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiba View Post

You should seek help for your inferiority complex.
              That came so out of nowhere that I think it says a lot more about you than about me.

Comment

That came so out of nowhere that I think it says a lot more about you than about me.
                No. You said enough about yourself to remove all doubts. Doubling down on stupid hasn't seemed to help.

Try reconsidering. You're not contributing anything useful to this planet.

E

Comment

Originally posted by gavron View Post
                  No. You said enough about yourself to remove all doubts. Doubling down on stupid hasn't seemed to help.

Try reconsidering. You're not contributing anything useful to this planet.

E
                  A piece of advice for you:

Generally, if someone who's been on a forum for less than two months, with only six posts to their name decides to verbally attack someone with over 2300 posts, who's been on that same forum for over seven years, it's going to be to their detriment... if for no other reason than making everyone else on the forum think they're a reckless idiot for being a newbie willing to shoot off their mouth at a forum regular.

Comment

Generally, if someone who's been on a forum for less than two months, with only six posts to their name decides to verbally attack someone with over 2300 posts, who's been on that same forum for over seven years, it's going to be to their detriment... if for no other reason than making everyone else on the forum think they're a reckless idiot for being a newbie willing to shoot off their mouth at a forum regular.
                    Someone's actually getting an account on a forum (versus reading it voraciously) and that timeline isn't an indicator of much. The fact that they believe that brevity is the soul of wit and don't post 2300 posts also means the same. I thank Michael and his generosity in providing a site with good readable info and I only "contribute" when I feel it right. But it's not about me, right? So don't make it about me.

The previous poster has a problem and needs to stop frothing. I don't care if he has 2300 posts or 20 posts or if he's been around 3 months or 30 years. When it contributes negatively to conversation, communication, and information, that speaks for itself NO MATTER how many posts I have.

I won't post my resume here. I find that people who say "I've been doing this for XX years" generally are trying to enjoy their laurels. I'm not. I work everyday and I read Phoronix as often as I can.. and I only contribute when I think my input is of value.

But thanks for your lecture, Junior. A piece of advice for you: if your method of judging the "value" of a post is a)How long has this poster had a paid account, or b)How many posts have they made... you're so far off the rails you're just rewarding loudmouth losers.

Ehud Gavron <--- My real name
                    Tucson, AZ US <--- My real location

P.S. If for whatever reason you think time-on-forum and number-of-posts still rewards "great posters" I give you Exhibit A: Donald J. Trump.

Comment

Working...
                    X