Linux 5.10 Didn't Even Last 24 Hours... Linux 5.10.1 Released Due To Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

IMO it's not year ~2000 anymore and you don't have to do it by yourself unless you have a good reason.
    Testing is good enough when comes to reasons I think. I really like Fedora kernel update policy. Not only they're waiting for few point releases, but also testing on their own. Ps. this kernel should be named 'Cyberpunk'. Both needs fixing.

Comment

IMO it's not year ~2000 anymore and you don't have to do it by yourself unless you have a good reason.
      having fun!

Comment

It is not RAID6 but RAID5 as the reporter of the bug, Dave Jones, corrected himself later, mis-remembering he had recently converted the file system from RAID6 to 5.

Comment

What do you mean? That it needlessly stops the GPU Fan from spinning or something else? And does it do so by default?
          Yes, and no, not by default. That's why I said "manual". If you e.g. use a script that sets fan control to manual and then tries to apply PWM values, nothing might happen, i.e. fans never start spinning (or at least not until reaching critical threshold).

Comment

Originally posted by jojo7887 View Post
            This was the first time I compiled and installed a new Kernel on day 1. I guess this is an indication that I should better stick to what I was doing and keep waiting for a couple of point releases before diving in.
            We've already had at least a dozen of broken point releases as well. Nothing is guaranteed in mainline except bugs and regressions. If you want a solid stable kernel - there's only RHEL and its derivatives.

Comment

first Linux distribution w/ 5.10.1, ... even for UltraSPARC ;-) http://dl.t2sde.org/binary/2020/t2-m...rc64-20.12.iso

Comment

So is Linux symantically versioned now?

Comment

Ubuntu based PPA nVidia Driver 450 / 455 doesnt build against Kernel 5.10.1.. They did against 5.10

Comment

Found also https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/1407

Comment

Originally posted by siyia View Post
                      I got 5.10.1, I guess i'm not affected (Polaris card):
                      PHP Code:
                      [~] cat /sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_dpm_mclk
                      300Mhz *
                      11000Mhz
                      1750Mhz
                      [~] 

Comment

Working...
                      X