Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 10 Most Interesting Features Of Linux 5.10

Phoronix: The 10 Most Interesting Features Of Linux 5.10

With the Linux 5.10 kernel expected to be released this weekend, here is a look at some of the most interesting changes and new additions. Besides being the last kernel release of 2020, Linux 5.10 is significant in that it's also serving as a Long Term Support (LTS) release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Supported until 2026. Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
      Supported until 2026. Nice!
      Hoping for 2486?

Comment

What kind of counter overflows in 2486? I couldn't figure out a sane one.

Comment

Not very interesting, as for me.

Comment

What kind of counter overflows in 2486? I couldn't figure out a sane one.
            looks like they found 7 more bits to use to count seconds since 1970. They had 15 and now they have 23.

Comment

Originally posted by Markopolo View Post
              looks like they found 7 more bits to use to count seconds since 1970. They had 15 and now they have 23.
              23-15==8

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                23-15==8
                oops. The math was wrong too. Was 32 signed bit integer. Not 16. And they added 3 more bits and not 7

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  SoundBlaster AE-7
                  I thought it was something related to old soundcard that works well with MS-DOS and Windows 98 lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X