Linux 5.9.12 Is In Good Shape With The AMD Radeon RX 6800 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

AFAIK we build Mesa with LLVM 11 in the packaged drivers as well - it is required for GFX 10.3.

Sounds like either the flatpak is bringing in an older Mesa build or Arch is building 20.2 with an older LLVM. The former seems more likely.

BTW the radeon driver does not support anything newer than CI (GFX7) - amdgpu (whether upstream or packaged) is the only driver with support for VI (gfx8) and newer.
    Thanks for the help. I'm pretty new to flatpak, but want to start using it, as installing all the 32-bit stuff for Steam is annoying.
    I think you're probably right. From my limited understanding, the Steam flatpak depends on Freedesktop Platform, and FreeDesktop Platform (v20.08.2) is using Mesa 20.1 (source). So it means either building it yourself, or waiting for an update.

Comment

Keep getting missing intel rocketlake firmware errors on 5.9/5.10. Would be nice if Intel sorted that out.

Comment

I’m surprised so many here actually have the GPUs. I managed to order one but had to use a bot since they are selling out so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by cynical View Post
          I’m surprised so many here actually have the GPUs. I managed to order one but had to use a bot since they are selling out so quickly.
          Trying to grab one tomorrow morning without a bot, wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by santoniuk View Post
            Linux still in awfull shape with RX 5700 series more than 1.5 years.
            What are you on about? I've had an RX 5700 card for almost a year, and have had no issues from day 0.

Comment

No issues with my RX 5600 XT. Thank you AMD! All games are 100+ fps @ 1080p Ultra with this card, I'm so happy with it. PowerColor ITX version, on Ryzen 5 3600 FWIW.
              Last edited by torsionbar28; 08 December 2020, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by santoniuk View Post
                Linux still in awfull shape with RX 5700 series more than 1.5 years.
                I speak from experience - best way to get it fixed is to do it yourself. Yes I know, we shouldn't have to do such things to get it working, after paying money for the product. But that is just the current state of AMDs support.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashone View Post

You are right. I didn't know that the Steam's Flatpak package included its own version of Mesa.
                  Most likely it depends on some Flatpak-packaged Mesa version that's probably out of date. You could probably build your own up to date Mesa Flatpak.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
                    Keep getting missing intel rocketlake firmware errors on 5.9/5.10. Would be nice if Intel sorted that out.
                    ???? Unless you work for Intel or one of their partners, you're not actually running Rocketlake hardware, so there's no problem.......

Comment

Working...
                    X