Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Syscall User Dispatch Appears Destined For Linux 5.11 To Help Windows Games On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM or anticheat? Haven't had any problems with that since I started buying games on GOG instead of Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by piorunz View Post
      DRM or anticheat? Haven't had any problems with that since I started buying games on GOG instead of Steam.
      You're funny.

I am pro-GOG and support them as much as I can, however simply not playing games that use DRM is not a solution in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post

You're funny.

I am pro-GOG and support them as much as I can, however simply not playing games that use DRM is not a solution in my opinion.
        It is a solution. Simply don't buy DRM. It's like moaning Linux doesn't have market-share while still using Windows. Make that step and stop using DRM protected games, they won't get your money at least. If you happily paying for DRM games, you can't moan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post

You're funny.

#DayAgainstDRM

Being AntiDRM is a thing now.

Comment

At the moment my primary objective is to respect the law. My secondary objective is to be entertained. My tertiary objective is to support (drm-)free software.

In the past my primary objective was to support free software and I refused to use DRM or non-free software. I stuck to it for about 4 years but in the end it did not work out. Not able to be productive in a business environment was actually the biggest problem. Philosophically I agree it's wrong. Unfortunately the opportunity costs of avoiding such systems are just too high for me. Not being able to play games or watch content that my community talked about sucked but I could live with it at the time. I agree with you that if I support DRM I can't complain about it. That said, I still avoid most Denuvo titles. I want to buy Doom, Titanfall 2, and Battlefield V but have not due to the craziness that is Denuvo.

Whether I am cynical, pessimistic, and or pragmatic... The amount of people that care just won't make a big difference. I believe that a lot more will be required to change the way the industry works. Nevertheless I'm happy that you are trying. Perhaps I'm just getting old and grumpy...

Ending on a more hopeful note. I'm happy to get Cyberpunk 2077 on GoG and I was delighted to find people still attempting and discussing this recently

Comment

Originally posted by piorunz View Post
              Some of the games on Gog are drm free, however most new games does have drm in their gog versions also.

Comment

Originally posted by scirocco View Post

Some of the games on Gog are drm free, however most new games does have drm in their gog versions also.
                Can you give an example of such game please?

Comment

Does anybody here have any idea if Syscall User Dispatch might eventually help in fixing support for Star Wars: Squadrons in multiplayer mode? The anti-cheat software being used in this game is Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC). https://www.protondb.com/app/1222730

Comment

Originally posted by SteamPunker View Post
                    Does anybody here have any idea if Syscall User Dispatch might eventually help in fixing support for Star Wars: Squadrons in multiplayer mode? The anti-cheat software being used in this game is Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC). https://www.protondb.com/app/1222730
                    Why you playing DRM games anyway? By supporting this game, you supporting this madness. Just use GOG.

Comment

Working...
                    X