Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd 247 Released With Experimental Out-of-Memory Daemon, New Credentials Capability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I guess I mean to say is that if the oom watcher can talk over dbus, that is probably helping everyone. I don't have a terribly strong opinion on what we use, but it doesn't feel like a bad meme to want to have core services and tools all talking over the same communication protocol.

Comment

I assume that this software should fix the long-standing problem which occurs when the memory is saturated causing the stall of the operating system.

Comment

For me it makes sense to have the OS handled by a unified system with all its components compliant with each other's requirements. The ease of use this introduces is what usually lacks when trying to make more than one open-source software to coordinate in a machine.

Comment

Originally posted by rtfazeberdee View Post
          When are the anti-systemd crowd going to realise that there is nothing like a good joke and their attempts are nothing like a good joke
          When do you realize that some of us you define as "anti-systemd crowd" don't actually care either way. Just subscribing to thread.

And it's kinda fun to watch some of you praise it for simplifiying something that was made complicated by yourselves in the first place and then someone comes in and bitches about it getting overcomplicated.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
            When do you realize that some of us you define as "anti-systemd crowd" don't actually care either way. Just subscribing to thread.
            Ah. I see... So you're just a troll for trolling sake... Ok.
            Whatever rocks your boat, man.

Comment

Originally posted by _ReD_ View Post

Ah. I see... So you're just a troll for trolling sake... Ok.
              Whatever rocks your boat, man.
              Same as with quite a few individuals in this thread. Trolling since forever in threads I actually find interesting. So save your patronizings to them.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                Not real sure what benefit could be had from running a full distro or even a kernel any longer
                i guess you have no clue what kernel does and you have some limited definition of "full distro"

Comment

When will the kernel get replaced?
                  when you write replacement(i.e. never)

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                    I assume that this software should fix the long-standing problem which occurs when the memory is saturated causing the stall of the operating system.
                    you mean long-standing problem of you not knowing alt-prtscr-f key combination?

Comment

When do you realize that some of us you define as "anti-systemd crowd" don't actually care either way.
                      yeah, that's why we hear your butthurt screams

Comment

Working...
                      X