Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd 247 Released With Experimental Out-of-Memory Daemon, New Credentials Capability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
    Not real sure what benefit could be had from running a full distro or even a kernel any longer. Or even having an ISP. System-D Home-D Oom-D DNS-D Credentials-D would appear to have all bases covered.
    wow what a fresh joke

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
      Not real sure what benefit could be had from running a full distro or even a kernel any longer. Or even having an ISP. System-D Home-D Oom-D DNS-D Credentials-D would appear to have all bases covered.
      I simply run away from it..

Comment

You are so predictable people.

Comment

Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post

Not until they finish the implementation of systemd-basesd
          How about the Zero Wing version?

systemd-alld
          systemd-yourd
          systemd-based
          systemd-ared
          systemd-belongd
          systemd-tod
          systemd-usd

Comment

This homed thing looks really nice.

Comment

When are the anti-systemd crowd going to realise that there is nothing like a good joke and their attempts are nothing like a good joke

Comment

People not understanding the technology, coming here to complain, as usual...
                As a developer, we are Very Happy with what systemd offers us on Linux.

Comment

Systemd really simplifies writing daemons. Now the real problem with it is that it is becoming what X was before : an operating system in the operating system. And this point really sucks.

Comment

OOMD is absolutely hot technology! I will now overload my machine with random processes filling RAM continuously just to see its beauty in action.
                    I mean, if you have enough RAM for your workloads, you are doing it wrong as you will never experience the awesomeness of OOM management.

Comment

I enjoy the writing of daemons with systems, and I anticipate homed will eventually be just as exciting. I don't tend to think a lot about the other projects. They aren't all one monolith that does too much, imho. I find that systemd projects fit the Unix philosophy just fine while also all being able to communicate and integrate over dbus, which is a protocol for which we really don't have a great alternative. Without dbus, everything is limited to much less standard or rich communication.

I don't get the sarcastic response to systemd projects when they are updated or released.

Comment

Working...
                      X