Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.11 Will Play Nicely With The Sega Saturn Controllers Connected Via USB Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.11 Will Play Nicely With The Sega Saturn Controllers Connected Via USB Adapter

Phoronix: Linux 5.11 Will Play Nicely With The Sega Saturn Controllers Connected Via USB Adapter

For those fond of the Sega Saturn video game console controllers from the mid-90s, the Linux 5.11 kernel has a fix so a common USB adapter for them will behave nicely...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Saturn-Control

People have a lot of time to waste these days... Next, Ouya controller? (Which I shamelessly have).

Comment

I can't understand why kernel devs put such things or even worst permit this junk, this should be userspace, useless code making the kernel more heavy for not a really good reason

Comment

It's the year of the Sega Saturn desktop.

Comment

Is there a reason this adapter doesn't expose the Saturn controller as an existing device so we don't need bespoke code for this to work?

I love the idea of gaining access to my older game controllers but the adapter looks poorly made with bad decisions. Typical Windows driver stuff in all fairness

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
            I can't understand why kernel devs put such things or even worst permit this junk, this should be userspace, useless code making the kernel more heavy for not a really good reason
            Read the article next time:

"The commit is adding a USB HID quirk (HID_QUIRK_MULTI_INPUT) so that it's exposed to user-space in a consistent manner."

Comment

Originally posted by all3f0r1 View Post
              People have a lot of time to waste these days... Next, Ouya controller? (Which I shamelessly have).
              The Atari VCS beckons you!

Comment

Working...
              X