No announcement yet.

LXQt 0.16 Released For Lightweight Qt Linux Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LXQT works nicely every running window easy choosble by key not only workspaces not a alt-tab, just simple, has a user manager it miss for some lot features but as keep it simple desktop is awesome. free to choose which WM you want to use also. not everyone likes kde or gnome, to much bling

Comment

LXQt is pretty good, mostly on par with Xfce, but it can take more work to setup than other DEs. I’m quite happy with the setup I’ve been using for a few years now.
      Nice to see another update but it doesn’t look there’s anything interesting in it.

Comment

LxQt is almost dead... almost nothing has happened since the merge, unfortunately. They barely stuggle to keep on with Qt changes.

Comment

Originally posted by orzel View Post
          LxQt is almost dead... almost nothing has happened since the merge, unfortunately. They barely stuggle to keep on with Qt changes.
          same with a lot of small WM, look at Enlightenment

Comment

Originally posted by orzel View Post
            As long it's open source [L]GPL I don't think can be called dead. And beside that unlike Gnome or KDE that it's not intrinsic monolithic, but it's modular and its modules are loosely coupled which I think it's and advantage for project, at least in this point/time for the project.

Comment

LXQt is a failure, it failed to gain any progress since its main developer left LXDE to rewrite it in this proprietary sold Toolkit and with that failed to actually fulfil any of the promises he made.
              If you want the actual successor of LXDE, then look no further then the PIXEL Desktop from the Raspberry guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
                LXQt is a failure, it failed to gain any progress since its main developer left LXDE to rewrite it in this proprietary sold Toolkit and with that failed to actually fulfil any of the promises he made.
                If you want the actual successor of LXDE, then look no further then the PIXEL Desktop from the Raspberry guys.
                I've a feeling that you'd use different words if Hong Jen Yee moved from LXQt to LXDe

Comment

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post

I've a feeling that you'd use different words if Hong Jen Yee moved from LXQt to LXDe
                  Its just a matter of time until he will, even with his extreme stubbornness. He can pick up where the PIXEL desktop is and finally bury that LXQt failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

Its just a matter of time until he will, even with his extreme stubbornness. He can pick up where the PIXEL desktop is and finally bury that LXQt failure.
                    LXQt is default on Lubuntu. I wouldn't call it a failure.
                    But apart from that, your many years of experience in the FOSS world should have taught you a thing or two about stubbornness

Comment

Working...
                    X