Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LXQt 0.16 Released For Lightweight Qt Linux Desktop

Phoronix: LXQt 0.16 Released For Lightweight Qt Linux Desktop

If the recent releases of KDE Plasma 5.20 and GNOME 3.38 didn't fulfill your wishes for a dream Linux desktop and are looking for something lightweight, LXQt 0.16 is out today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I tried to give LXQt a chance, a few times, but it's too frustrating to use because Qt updates break things so easily.

Comment

I love this project. One of the more promising DEs, really, for so many cases. Maybe I should try it out again, since i'm looking at a low-power mobile device

Comment

Frankly, their website look downright depressing. No description of the project and its capabilities, 0.16 is not on the "releases" page yet, screenshots stuck at (and proudly showing) v0.10.0.
        I haven't installed this yet and I already have the feeling of another project that bit off more than it can chew.

Comment

I wished there was a ppa for ubuntu users.

Comment

in b4 uid313's usual response "Ewww, this is so ugly, I can not imagine anyone wanting to use this!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
              in b4 uid313's usual response "Ewww, this is so ugly, I can not imagine anyone wanting to use this!!!"
              Well really, can a DE have any merits beyond its default color/icon scheme?

Comment

LXQT is really nice, no issues so far on Arch linux running it. Only shame is that they have apparently no interest in Wayland or maybe I am just reading too much into the comments at the issue tracker.

Comment

Originally posted by pininety View Post
                  LXQT is really nice, no issues so far on Arch linux running it. Only shame is that they have apparently no interest in Wayland or maybe I am just reading too much into the comments at the issue tracker.
                  Same here I think the main problem is that doesn't have a personal windows manager, it's pretty easy to set any window manager even titling is a plus. But if you will like to have an option very mature must be Kwin and at the end just install so many dependencies of plasma that make it better just use plasma.

Also I will like a better panel to custom as dock but it's a great DE been code it on Qt keeping classic interface.

Comment

XFCE is my simple and lightweight desktop. It's awesome! LXQT still has a long way to go before I could consider it as a replacement. But kudos to all who prefer it, and to all the hard work the developers put in to continue its evolution.

Comment

Working...
                    X